3 servers, 18 HDDs, how to setup?

I have 3 servers, each running Windows Server 2016 Datacenter. Each has 6 HDDs, 10K SAS drives, 146GB each. 

My question is what are some possibilities for configuring this space? I originally thought about speed, but instead I think I might be interested in instead focusing on data redundancy. I have a goal, lets say make a combined ~900GB drive on each server, then have 2 of the others servers copy the data from a master server? This would Mean I store data on one server which will have around 900GB of space available, and then the other 2 servers would mirror this data for triple redundancy. Another question would be to instead set up a RAID array, in which I have ~450GB of storage in RAID, which is doubled in speed, and then mirrored on the other servers for 450GB of fast, triple redundant storage. I completely open to suggestions for different setups. I think redundancy is a requirement whatever the setup though as I may store extremely old family photos which are priceless and losing digital copies I'd spend a lot of time making would be devastating.

Can any point me in the direction I need to go to configure such a setup? Help and suggestions much appreciated, I really do appreciate people taking the time out of their day to provide me help.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

What you're looking for is "clustered" storage. I've never done this with windows personally but here is something I found:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/clustering/2012/06/02/how-to-configure-a-clustered-storage-space-in-windows-server-2012/

You could also look at GlusterFS or Cephs - will take a little bit of elbow grease.

Also you won't get 900gb per server, closer to 750ish. Less if you plan to at least have a single drive fault tolerance (raid 5 etc...). If this is a lab then sure stripe them but even in a cluster i'd still want each node to have some fault tolerance if it's going to run longer than a month. Save yourself the hassle of repairing your cluster because a single disk took out the entire node.

If you want to use VMWare, you can set them up in a cluster and configure the storage as a pool using vSAN. It's VMware's virtual SAN product which allows you to utilise the storage of you ESXi hosts to create a virtual SAN. Just keep in mind, depending how you configure it, you'll always need at least 2 hosts powered on. 

Otherwise yeah, you can use something like GlusterFS to create clustered storage. 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

1 hour ago, Mikensan said:

What you're looking for is "clustered" storage. I've never done this with windows personally but here is something I found:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/clustering/2012/06/02/how-to-configure-a-clustered-storage-space-in-windows-server-2012/

clustered windows servers are really meant for data center stuff and from memory need to be on a windows domain and need to also have a separate windows domain server so that they can work, but not sure about so don't quote me on that....

clustered windows servers are really meant for data center stuff and from memory need to be on a windows domain and need to also have a separate windows domain server so that they can work, but not sure about so don't quote me on that....

god fucking damit...

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

If you want to stick with Windows then Storage Spaces Direct is what you're after, that'll distribute the data across the 3 servers in a single name space like Gluster and Ceph do.