Server/NAS proposed build - advice please?

I’ve run media servers before but it was years ago.  After they died, I relied on WD TV Live boxes with hard drives attached to play movies/shows.  But the WD box has become slow and kinda obsolete since it won’t play new codex’s. 

Along the way I bought wifi speakers and started using my main desktop as a Sonos music server. Then my drive in that unit failed so now I have to rebuild/upgrade that unit.  And on it goes.

I’m fed up with all of that and now I want to consolidate all my movies and music to one Plex/Sonos server running Windows 10 and Storage Spaces with parity.  One feature I’m very keen on is hot swappable drives because I don’t want to crack open the machine in case of drive failure (happens to me too frequently). 

After checking the off-the-shelf NAS’s, I found them under-powered and too expensive for what they offer.  And I figure if I’m going to build a new unit, I might as well give it enough horsepower to do the occasional video editing I do. 

So I decided to build my own.

But it’s been a long while since I did a build.  A set of new, fresh and experienced eyes on my proposed solution would set my mind at ease before I start buying parts.  Any advice and input would be appreciated.

I’ve been researching and using PCPartPicker and this is what I’ve come up with:

PCPartPicker part list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/WzHMZR

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($463.50 @ shopRBC)

CPU Cooler: Scythe - BIG Shuriken 2 Rev. B 45.5 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: ASRock - Z370M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($195.99 @ Newegg Canada)

Memory: Crucial - 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($194.23 @ Mike's Computer Shop)

Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($189.50 @ Vuugo)

Storage: Western Digital - Red 4TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($154.00 @ Mike's Computer Shop)

Storage: Western Digital - Red 4TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($154.00 @ Mike's Computer Shop)

Other: NORCO ITX-S8 Black Black Mini-ITX Form Computer Storage Case  ($249.99 @ Newegg Canada)

Total: $1909.21

Seems a bit over kill, also might want to look at server CPUs they offer more cores. Also, server grade equipment is much better suited for stuff like this.

/ | / /__  _________/ / /_____ _/ (_) /___  __
  /  |/ / _ \/ ___/ __  / __/ __ `/ / / __/ / / /
 / /|  /  __/ /  / /_/ / /_/ /_/ / / / /_/ /_/ / 
/_/ |_/\___/_/   \__,_/\__/\__,_/_/_/\__/\__, /  
                                        /____/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, 「Neͥrdͣtͫality」noice to meet you... :3

Are you gonna be hosting game servers or just media? That CPU you picked out is extremely overkill for what you are doing. You could spend 1/5th as much and not notice a difference. 

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

servers don't have to be powerful just hi data thruput speeds

Check out the Xeon X5690 @ ebay.com
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?&_nkw=xeon+x5690

/ | / /__  _________/ / /_____ _/ (_) /___  __
  /  |/ / _ \/ ___/ __  / __/ __ `/ / / __/ / / /
 / /|  /  __/ /  / /_/ / /_/ /_/ / / / /_/ /_/ / 
/_/ |_/\___/_/   \__,_/\__/\__,_/_/_/\__/\__, /  
                                        /____/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, 「Neͥrdͣtͫality」noice to meet you... :3