I need help! Getting really frustrated with the boards I have

Đỗ Đức Huy

Can't seem to get multi graphic cards to run on any of the two boards mentioned: X79 Bigbang by MSI and P8Z77WS by asus.

The X79 bigbang would randomly drop the second PCIE 16X slot (the second full bandwidth one) for no reason at all. Every other slot works fine. Every time that happens I let the bard drained from all power, remove the CMOS battery and it will work, until it decided not to again. 

The Z77WS board decided to not do 4 cards graphic config. Is it the board or the G1830 I got in there? Windows device manager still detects those cards but state they don't have enough resources to run. Is it the CPU's faults or the board's? This board have a PLX chip that will do 8x/8x/8x/8x on 4 way SLI config. All the cards works fine on their own.

Tried updating the BIOS, cleaning out the boards in an ultrasonic cleaner, nada, zilch. Everything else works fine.

System Spec: H87 mobo from Zotac, I3 4130, 4GB ddr3 1600mhz Cas 11, WD green 2TB all in side of a Cooler Mater Elite 120

OP is a dumb ass. He just need to remove the CMOS battery and then update the bios with a 2011V1 CPU on both bios chip, let the power drains from the board completly and he will have a working bigbang X79 board again.

For the Z77 WS, changing it out to a more apt 2500K and removing the DEAD card in the 4 way sli config helps. You know things works when IT IS NOT BROKEN!

System Spec: H87 mobo from Zotac, I3 4130, 4GB ddr3 1600mhz Cas 11, WD green 2TB all in side of a Cooler Mater Elite 120