4k YouTube videos now only have 1080p

So on my lg v10 I have always been able to watch 4k videos such as Linus tech tips, Austin Evans, jayztwocents, techsource, I mean lots of videos are in 4k and now I can only watch in 1080p. Here's the odd thing. If I look up super high quality videos like 16k videos I can watch them in 1440p. On my laptop I can ( attempt ) to watch ltt in 4k. But lately it's as if the 1440p option has been ripped off my phone on YouTube for most videos that aren't 8 - 16k. This only started like a week and a half ago.

Really though, 1080P on a phone screen. The screen is "small" (compared to computer monitor) and the pixel density is higher can you really tell the difference between 1080P & 4K on a screen that tiny? You must have quite a keen eye because I probably couldn't tell them apart.

The phone has a 1440p screen not a 4k screen from a quick google search, so why does it matter?

Main PC = I5 7600K @4.5ghz, Asus Gtx1070, 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz, 480GB SSD, Msi Z270 Mobo.

7 minutes ago, Jbonn386 said:

The phone has a 1440p screen not a 4k screen from a quick google search, so why does it matter?

higher bitrate, so that you see less compression

on a phone for me there's no reason to go higher than 1080p anymore, when I used to watch casey's vlogs they looked good on my phone but absolute trash on any of my larger screens and displays.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

On 4/2/2018 at 12:19 PM, Windows7ge said:

Really though, 1080P on a phone screen. The screen is "small" (compared to computer monitor) and the pixel density is higher can you really tell the difference between 1080P & 4K on a screen that tiny? You must have quite a keen eye because I probably couldn't tell them apart.

You know with my s6 I really had to try pretty hard to maybe tell a difference but my lg v10 has a big enough screen that the difference is quite minimal, but barely noticeable.