DVD not showing up on Windows Server 2012 R2

KyleDigitalLab

On my server, I'm trying to rip DVD content for Plex. However when I put the DVD into the drive Windows doesn't think there is a disc in the drive. The DVD drive shows up but not the disc. I tried re-installing the DVD drive driver and restarting with no luck. aiev7.png

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

4 minutes ago, Kyle2000 said:

I tried a  few different discs and it still didn't work, so it's not the disc.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03280768

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

This is very old problem

in case you didn't know each dvd movies had region lock or probably other protection method.

Usually you can solve the issue by setting the dvdrom/writer region to your dvd region, but it's limited, you can only change it 5 times.

What is your software to rip the dvd? there are software that can brute force the region lock protection without have to change it manually.

2 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

This is very old problem

in case you didn't know each dvd movies had region lock or probably other protection method.

Usually you can solve the issue by setting the dvdrom/writer region to your dvd region, but it's limited, you can only change it 5 times.

What is your software to rip the dvd? there are software that can brute force the region lock protection without have to change it manually.

I know about region lock, I live in USA so I use Region 1. Just looked at the DVD and says Region 1 NTSC. I use Handbrake to rip my DVDs to MP4.

region lock has nothing to do with this, an incorect region would still show up.

your problem is the Drive not detecting the disc. either the dic is damaged or the drive is damaged. considering lots of DVD drives are old now and probably full of dust its not uncommon for the drive to get so dirty it wont read anything. can always try blowing it out with an airduster, but ive never had sucess with this.

your problem is NOT software related so dont bother looking at any settings in windows

9 minutes ago, Jay Deah said:

region lock has nothing to do with this, an incorect region would still show up.

your problem is the Drive not detecting the disc. either the dic is damaged or the drive is damaged. considering lots of DVD drives are old now and probably full of dust its not uncommon for the drive to get so dirty it wont read anything. can always try blowing it out with an airduster, but ive never had sucess with this.

your problem is NOT software related so dont bother looking at any settings in windows

I've tried different discs, with no luck. So I think it's an issue with the DVD drive.