SHOULD I GET A OLD MACBOOK PRO OR BUY A BUDGET LAPTOP?

Hey, guys I need your opinions I am currently in need of a laptop that keeps me away from power outlets as my current gaming laptop only last for an hour or even less. So, I’ve been eyeing on getting a macbook for a while as OSX is very compeling for me.

I saw an ad wherein,

A Mid 2009 15-inch Macbook Pro is for sale for $224

Is it worth it to get it?

I’ve read That Mid 2009 MBP’s have batteries lasting up to 7Hrs

I’ll attach some specs and photos of the unit?

F89ED39C-5288-4011-8E19-83FA3AFAC762.png

C8A32F4A-6C91-412D-93CA-9A8F97ADE339.png

4EDA8FA8-1765-42B3-804D-A3C0C7CD82A5.png

I wouldn't go for that lol. Who ever installed El Captain on a Core 2 Duo is a dumbass. I'm not even sure how he got the system information up. i'd save the money and go for a more recent if you are planning to go Apple.

4 minutes ago, Cypher-Jackson said:

Do not buy an old laptop if you're looking for battery life. Buy it brand new and get an ultrabook like the HP Stream 14 or something

But if I like replace the battery would it make a difference? And maybe add another RAM Stick?

1 minute ago, OnABudgetGamer said:

But if I like replace the battery would it make a difference? And maybe add another RAM Stick?

The processor isn't good for todays standards and you'd find it sluggish, even googling something.

2 minutes ago, OnABudgetGamer said:

The batteries were still produced way too long ago and they have degraded. And after your upgrade, you've spent enough to just buy a new computer.

also, the laptop core 2 is socket P which is upgradeable, which is fun, but its still not worth it

Do not buy a core2duo laptop of any variety for 224$. You can find Thinkpad T400's with similar specs for like 60-90$ on ebay.

You will not get 7 hours out of a 9 year old battery, id be amazed if the battery worked at all.

Look into something with a second gen i5 or i7, theres lots of those out there for cheap. Lenovo Thinkpad, Dell Latitude or HP Elitebooks are all office lease cycle laptops and can be found refurbished for pretty good prices.

If you want low end hardware,  recognize that its low end hardware and know what its capable of. A c2d laptop is honestly going to struggle with anything more than 720p youtube videos nowadays. But do not buy low end hardware thinking its going to suit modern needs well.

you can get a new pentium that will be better than that core 2duo for about 250, it'll last 3-4 hrs on a charge. It's not gonna be amazingly fast, but better value than that

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

DO NOT BUY THAT OLD ASS MACBOOK.

Fpr $225 you can get an i5 HP with a 2GB Quadro and run GTA 5 at 45FPS.

How do I know? I have one.

i5, 540m, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3, and an MXM Quadro 2000M. Cost me $80 upfront and $50 for the GPU upgrade.

Prices start around $150 for the base model, and the Quadro is around $45.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B016J0WKB6/

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Precision-Nvidia-Graphics-Notebook/dp/B01LDBWYEO

Intel Core i7 4790K 4.8GHz | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | 32GB 2133MHz CL7 DDR3 | nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 with Custom BIOS | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | 3TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | Corsair CX750M  | Custom 240mm all-in-one liquid cooler | Broadcom NetXTREME 5709c Dual Gigabit NIC | Cougar MX330 mid-tower chassis | Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter