New monitor has greyish-blackish thin horizontal lines

Darthraider

So last week i bought a new monitor, MSI Optix MAG27C, its a 27 inch curved 144hz monitor using va panel.

About a few days using the monitor i noticed these lines, i cant really explain it but its like a pattern of thin greyish black horizontal lines, it seems like i can see the rows of pixels, i dont sit to close to my screen maybe 1-2 feet. But i can still see it which is odd, now i know its not a cable issue because i tried hdmi, displayport, dvi cables and its still noticable even if i hook up a console to the display, i was not sure how i was going to rma this monitor and have them believe me that theres somthing wrong. I tried to take a picture of it, it will be attached to this thread. The picture is from close up but its still noticable further away, u can see the lines more on the white part, I might just be picky or going crazy.

IMG_20180331_201930.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Im gonna try to see if theres another way to show it, but if u look at the white part u can kinda see the darkened horizontal lines seems like it could be rows of pixel colors that are off?

I'm not seeing any real difference in the pixel brightness but if this is a lower dpi screen than you're used to, you might actually be seeing the edges of the pixel rows since they won't emit any light.  Could be a monitor that isn't as densely packed as others, so those edges are more noticable.

21 hours ago, theninjaseal said:

I'm not seeing any real difference in the pixel brightness but if this is a lower dpi screen than you're used to, you might actually be seeing the edges of the pixel rows since they won't emit any light.  Could be a monitor that isn't as densely packed as others, so those edges are more noticable.

Thanks for replying, i am hsing a different panel type than im use to. But what kinda bothers me is that this "issue" isnt on the whole screen its just on certain areas of the screen its more noticeable, maybe u can see it better by zooming in the picture even tho u dont have to be so close in person to even see it.