1950X Threadripper build:

Ripper7620

Here’s a few pictures of my new Threadripper build, just got the Quadro P5000 to top it off:

08ACB66E-51A0-4109-B3C9-0479F1EE6C3C.jpeg

652E0A83-6DE3-4AB4-A0B8-37BB6FC4B96E.jpeg

2A9FB34C-FDB3-4044-9AB6-380F83DC7C21.jpeg

Take the plastic off the GPU or it's gonna melt.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

is that Core X9?

Should totally do some 4k OBS recording testing, though I'm the only person on the planet who needs it

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

It's...SO...empty...fill'er up.

I like the fact you went AMD/NVIDIA. I just rarely hear about anybody going this route. I'm thinking my next system upgrade is going to be the 1950X. Intel just wants too much for their LGA2066 socket lineup.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

It's...SO...empty...fill'er up.

I like the fact you went AMD/NVIDIA. I just rarely hear about anybody going this route. I'm thinking my next system upgrade is going to be the 1950X. Intel just wants too much for their LGA2066 socket lineup.

I'd assume he 100% needs CUDA, otherwise the WX cards seem like a better deal if you need a workstation GPU.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

I'd assume he 100% needs CUDA, otherwise the WX cards seem like a better deal if you need a workstation GPU.

I'm aware it's a NVIDIA workstation card for production applications I'm just pointing out he chose AMD for the base when just about everyone else who posts their builds be it for production or gaming is on Intel. So for this reason I like seeing the NVIDIA product on a AMD system. Nice change of pace.

8 hours ago, Enderman said:

Take the plastic off the GPU or it's gonna melt.

Hey, thank you for reminding me, I totally forgot!

8 hours ago, Streetguru said:

is that Core X9?

Should totally do some 4k OBS recording testing, though I'm the only person on the planet who needs it

Yes, I'm not sure what 4K OBS is, but I'm damn sure gonna find out.

8 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

I'm aware it's a NVIDIA workstation card for production applications I'm just pointing out he chose AMD for the base when just about everyone else who posts their builds be it for production or gaming is on Intel. So for this reason I like seeing the NVIDIA product on a AMD system. Nice change of pace.

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Ripper7620 said:

Yes, I'm not sure what 4K OBS is, but I'm damn sure gonna find out.

OBS records gameplay, I'm trying to wait for Threadripper 2 to buy my X399 system, Have to resist buying a 1950X + Zenith Extreme + Enermax 360 TR4 AIO everyday until then. It should be able to do 4k gameplay recording decently, it takes 7 cores/14 threads on my R7 1700 system to record at 4k Ultra Fast on CPU Usage which isn't ideal.

Spoiler

If you want to help me out though you can download dota 2 for free if you don't have any games, can just load up a live match with the auto camera and start recording at 4k. Would be a great help. Just set 4k to all the outputs and maybe upload the file somewhere to download and view the output.

Could also try CRF instead of CBR and do anywhere from 24 and below, lower is better I think...Would also be useful to see a resource monitor or task manager screenshot for how it's using the cores. May need to use CPU affinity to force certain cores to the game and to OBS.

If you screen isn't 4k you can use DSR to run the monitor at 4k, can't see why they wouldn't allow that feature on quadro cards.

Thanks for any help.

5abf173c164b1_OBS1.png.b79a8b440bfd1185001ef22e3f56472b.png

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

OBS records gameplay, I'm trying to wait for Threadripper 2 to buy my X399 system, Have to resist buying a 1950X + Zenith Extreme + Enermax 360 TR4 AIO everyday until then. It should be able to do 4k gameplay recording decently, it takes 7 cores/14 threads on my R7 1700 system to record at 4k Ultra Fast on CPU Usage which isn't ideal.

Reveal hidden contents

If you want to help me out though you can download dota 2 for free if you don't have any games, can just load up a live match with the auto camera and start recording at 4k. Would be a great help. Just set 4k to all the outputs and maybe upload the file somewhere to download and view the output.

Could also try CRF instead of CBR and do anywhere from 24 and below, lower is better I think...Would also be useful to see a resource monitor or task manager screenshot for how it's using the cores. May need to use CPU affinity to force certain cores to the game and to OBS.

If you screen isn't 4k you can use DSR to run the monitor at 4k, can't see why they wouldn't allow that feature on quadro cards.

Thanks for any help.

5abf173c164b1_OBS1.png.b79a8b440bfd1185001ef22e3f56472b.png

Epic!!