300-350$ Smartphone/Tablet??

Tarun10

Can anyone recommend a tablet or 6 inch smartphone within this price range. I already have the Apple iPad in mind but I am sure there are better options out there.

My needs: I watch a lot of content and will potentially play a few moderate games on it. That is pretty much it.

Screen: 6 inches for a smartphone/ 8+ inches for a tablet. I definitely want an IPS FHD panel. If it is a smartphone 18:9 aspect ratio would be useful. I don't mind size so limit is 11 inches.

Internals: Any decent modern processor like a Snapdragon 625 or higher will do along with at least 2GB RAM(tablet) or 3GB(smartphone)

Storage: 16GB is pretty sufficient. Expandable storage is not an issue but 32GB is better.

Battery: Decent Battery life is essential especially with good screen brightness. 6 hours or so of screen on time should be fine. But most importantly, if it is a smartphone then Quick charging/Fast charging of any type is a must.

Cameras: I couldn't care if there was no camera at all so it doesn't matter.

Anything that combines all of this with decent build quality and the latest software is fine. I love stock android but I don't mind UIs as long as it is not Vivo's.

40 minutes ago, Tarun10 said:

Can anyone recommend a tablet or 6 inch smartphone within this price range. I already have the Apple iPad in mind but I am sure there are better options out there.

My needs: I watch a lot of content and will potentially play a few moderate games on it. That is pretty much it.

Screen: 6 inches for a smartphone/ 8+ inches for a tablet. I definitely want an IPS FHD panel. If it is a smartphone 18:9 aspect ratio would be useful. I don't mind size so limit is 11 inches.

Internals: Any decent modern processor like a Snapdragon 625 or higher will do along with at least 2GB RAM(tablet) or 3GB(smartphone)

Storage: 16GB is pretty sufficient. Expandable storage is not an issue but 32GB is better.

Battery: Decent Battery life is essential especially with good screen brightness. 6 hours or so of screen on time should be fine. But most importantly, if it is a smartphone then Quick charging/Fast charging of any type is a must.

Cameras: I couldn't care if there was no camera at all so it doesn't matter.

Anything that combines all of this with decent build quality and the latest software is fine. I love stock android but I don't mind UIs as long as it is not Vivo's.

@huilun02 These are my specs and usage. I think I could give up in quick charge if it had a great screen and good compatible charger.

47 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Have a look at the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro and Mi Max 2

India is one of Xiaomi's biggest markets (second to only China I believe) as many Indians are savvy enough to dig into custom software to take full advantage of the excellent hardware at low price. So much so that the Note 5 Pro is only available in India outside of China for now. The yet-to-be-released Mi Max 3 is looking even more potent and is going to attack Samsung's market share through adoption of premium features like iris scanner (face unlock) and wireless charging. All of these phones have a battery no smaller than 4000mAh.

Both look great but i think I prefer the design of the Note 5 pro. Sadly it is not yet widely available. But I probably am going to get a phone/tablet only in June so I am going to wait for the MI Max 3.

Why not just get an iPad!? You get awesome performance, a great screen and far better speakers than any “value” Chinese phone. The software support is great too.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:58 AM, kokakolia said:

Why not just get an iPad!? You get awesome performance, a great screen and far better speakers than any “value” Chinese phone. The software support is great too.

I considered that but it is nearly 430$ here so not worth it and I never use speakers just to prevent disappointment. Screen is a factor screen size is great but aspect ratio and size make some uses difficult.