Should i wait for PG35VQ ?

Sabir
Go to solution Solved by EnderValentine,

Hey!  Greetings from 2019!  ... You know how you that Q4 2018 release?

Surprise!

Update: The ROG Swift PG35VQ Gaming Monitor - 35 inch, Ultra-WQHD, HDR, 21:9 Curved, 200Hz, G-SYNC™  have been delayed until Q4 2018.  The ASUS PG35VQ release date is expected to be sometime by the end of 2018.
Are you kidding me? ? Gamers are waiting for this monitor over 1 year. What is wrong with them? 
I was stuck before because of family problems and money so can't buy gaming PC and monitor in 2017. Now i am almost ready to buy this monitor in May with Gtx 2080 .Now it's Saying we can expect this monitor sometime by the end of this year. Now i have to wait another 1 year. ?
I am so disappointed and angry now.

I guess i have to get this monitor with Gtx 2080 Ti and i7 9700k 9th generation ice lake or possibly i7 10700 10th generation Tiger lake whatever they call in 2019. My life is full of waiting and bullshit. 

I am stuck again ?? 
Why me why every time with me??  ?

Any idea guys? 

My main question is should i wait and get PG35VQ?  Is this curved viewing angle feel uncomfortable to me? Because it's curved so everything will looks like curved when i watch movies, play games and watch YouTube right? 

Or should i get ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Gaming Monitor - 27" 2K WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS, overclockable 165Hz, G-SYNC™ ? 

I am so confuse guys. 

But otherwise i can't have HDR and quantum dot technology in PG279Q ? also it's only 27 inch. 

Any i idea guys? Should i wait? 

Thanks. ROG-Strix-XG258Q-XG27VQ-XG32VQ-001.jpg.52bc9c20d2e0aa7c6d4f0448b3b7f3b3.jpgP_setting_000_1_90_end_500.png.bb403716fcbf178578a4a42143697278.png

It's really up to you. As you've said, you have been waiting for a long while now. Are you at the point where you NEED a new monitor? If so, get the one you want now. As people say a lot, you can wait for hardware all your life, if you need something get what is currently available.

I was in the same position of sorts. I've been waiting for the ultrawide IPS 144Hz 1440p monitors, but was just tired of waiting and tired of 1080p so I bought the Asus MG279Q and sold my 1080p monitors. 

Hopefully somewhere this year the monitors (and new GPUs) are coming and I will use my current 1440p as a second monitor..

"To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution" (Marcus Aurelius)

1 hour ago, Zandvliet said:

It's really up to you. As you've said, you have been waiting for a long while now. Are you at the point where you NEED a new monitor? If so, get the one you want now. As people say a lot, you can wait for hardware all your life, if you need something get what is currently available.

I was in the same position of sorts. I've been waiting for the ultrawide IPS 144Hz 1440p monitors, but was just tired of waiting and tired of 1080p so I bought the Asus MG279Q and sold my 1080p monitors. 

Hopefully somewhere this year the monitors (and new GPUs) are coming and I will use my current 1440p as a second monitor..

I wa

1 hour ago, Zandvliet said:

My main question is should i wait and get PG35VQ?  Is this curved viewing angle feel uncomfortable to me? Because it's curved so everything will looks like curved when i watch movies, play games and watch YouTube right? 

Or should i get ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Gaming Monitor - 27" 2K WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS, overclockable 165Hz, G-SYNC™ ? 

I am so confuse.

But otherwise i can't have HDR and quantum dot technology in PG279Q ? also it's only 27 inch.  And i exactly want something like you IPS (2560 x 1440) ultrawide 35 inch or more with HDR, quantum dot technology 165Hz or 200Hz , G-Sync. Imagine it will be so dope. 

It seems to me that you put two different products together - on one side you are waiting for a 35 inch 3440x1440 curved panel, on the other you are thinking of buying a flat 27 inch 2560x1440.

What are you after? If you wanted to buy PG35VQ then a closer alternative would be ASUS PG348Q (Ultrawide 34 inch 3440x1440 IPS, G-Sync, 100hz OC).

Granted, the refresh rate here is lower. If that is what you are after then you have 2 choices - either go for that 27 inch Asus (it's a great panel and will serve you well) or wait for the new ones. Just be aware that they are probably going to be on a whole different price shelf - no one knows for sure but expect it to be anywhere between $1800-2500.

Alternatively you could go for a middle ground and look at one of these two:

Acer Predator X34P - this is a refresh of Predator X34 - 3440x1440, IPS 34 inch ultrawide, 100hz native, 120hz when OC'ed

Alienware AW3418DW - same specs as above.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

2 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

What are you after? It seems to me that you put two different products together - on one side you are waiting for a 35 inch 3440x1440 curved panel, on the other you are thinking of buying a flat 27 inch 2560x1440.

What are you after? If you wanted to buy PG35VQ then a closer alternative would be ASUS PG348Q (Ultrawide 34 inch 3440x1440 IPS, G-Sync, 100hz OC).

Granted, the refresh rate here is lower. If that is what you are after then you have 2 choices - either go for that 27 inch Asus (it's a great panel and will serve you well) or wait for the new ones. Just be aware that they are probably going to be on a whole different price shelf - no one knows for sure but expect it to be anywhere between $1800-2500.

Alternatively you could go for a middle ground and look at on of these two:

Acer Predator X34P - this is a refresh of Predator X34 - 3440x1440, IPS 34 inch ultrawide, 100hz native, 120hz when OC'ed

I want HDR and quantum dot technology too. And is ultrawide curved monitor feel uncomfortable and feel curved when i play games , movies or YouTube? 

7 minutes ago, Sabir said:

I wa

Or should i get ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Gaming Monitor - 27" 2K WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS, overclockable 165Hz, G-SYNC™ ? 

I am so confuse.

But otherwise i can't have HDR and quantum dot technology in PG279Q ? also it's only 27 inch.  And i exactly want something like you IPS (2560 x 1440) ultrawide 35 inch or more with HDR, quantum dot technology 165Hz or 200Hz , G-Sync. Imagine it will be so dope. 

I personally do not know if the curves will be a problem, from what I saw with curved monitors in stores I didn't have a problem with it. I guess that really comes down to the person using it. Some people will hate the curves will others do not have a problem with it. I would recommend go to a store where they have one standing and try it out.

7 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

It seems to me that you put two different products together - on one side you are waiting for a 35 inch 3440x1440 curved panel, on the other you are thinking of buying a flat 27 inch 2560x1440.

Alternatively you could go for a middle ground and look at one of these two:

This.

3 minutes ago, Zandvliet said:

I would recommend go to a store where they have one standing and try it out.

Yeah, I did the same prior to buying my Alienware. Went to a Samsung store on a completely unrelated matter and ended up watching stuff on one of their curved monitors. Didn't feel weird at all to me.

Furthermore, when a game supports ultrawide format, you peripheral vision is greatly enhanced. I've seen people claim that once they went ultrawide, they'd never go back.

If you want QD and HDR then just wait for the new ones, I guess. IDK if there is anything that matches those specs yet.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

3 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

Yeah, I did the same prior to buying my Alienware. Went to a Samsung store on a completely unrelated matter and ended up watching stuff on one of their curved monitors. Didn't feel weird at all to me.

Furthermore, when a game supports ultrawide format, you peripheral vision is greatly enhanced. I've seen people claim that once they went ultrawide, they'd never go back.

If you want QD and HDR then just wait for the new ones, I guess. IDK if there is anything that matches those specs yet.

You have the AW3418DW? How is it? I've been thinking about getting that one.

6 minutes ago, Zandvliet said:

You have the AW3418DW? How is it? I've been thinking about getting that one.

Not sure yet, it's still at my work waiting for me to put new furniture (new desk) and for the Vesa mounts. But the few reviews I've seen made me want to buy it over Asus Panel (and that Acer refresh is about $150-200 more expensive)

Granted, I will be moving from a LG Flatron 1080p 60hz so anything will be an improvement at this point :D

• 5 months later...
On 29/03/2018 at 8:22 AM, Zandvliet said:

If your looking to spend a good 4k n over on a monitor n a new rig yeah wait for it cause that 2080 ain't gonna be powerful enough to get close to that 200hz out of that monitor with all these aaa games I have the pg348q n a I7 8700k 34gb of ram with a 1080ti n the monitor is 100hz yet most games still drop to 80ish GPS maxed out so u will need 2080ti to get close to 200hz even then I don't think ur hit that mark like I said depends how much money u wanna spend 2080ti is coming up at what 1.4k? N the monitor just under 2k home boi must be loaded 

28 minutes ago, Mrwok said:

If your looking to spend a good 4k n over on a monitor n a new rig yeah wait for it cause that 2080 ain't gonna be powerful enough to get close to that 200hz out of that monitor with all these aaa games I have the pg348q n a I7 8700k 34gb of ram with a 1080ti n the monitor is 100hz yet most games still drop to 80ish GPS maxed out so u will need 2080ti to get close to 200hz even then I don't think ur hit that mark like I said depends how much money u wanna spend 2080ti is coming up at what 1.4k? N the monitor just under 2k home boi must be loaded 

Just to catch up on a post I did 6 months ago.. I'm considering buying the 2080, maybe, at the end of this year. We'll see how the drivers will improve. At the moment I have no interest anymore in getting an additional monitor. But I'll definitely won't be buying a monitor for more than 800 euros.

And please take a moment to add punctuation to your future comments it's hard to read. And what up with the letter 'n' in your comment?

I'm trying to decide whether to wait for this or buy the previously mentioned current offerings.

I just went from the Acer X34 Predator to the LG 34UC89G for the 144Hz but lost the 3440 and then just swapped out for 2x PG27U and I can tell you, i will 1000% be buying this instead. I thought I would have more versatility with dual screens, but I miss having a single screen, no matter how I orientate it, it's cumbersome AND my computer still struggles and I'm running EVGA 1080Ti SC2 SLI

• 2 weeks later...

I also wait and I think this whole saga going with this monitor is a somewhat indication that the technology is not ready yet. There's this 4K model recently released with a price tag of 2000$ and a noisy fan. Like, seriously? this is what we are expecting? so again, I think a good monitor will appear in two years from now. Until then, you have to take it up with immature overpriced monitors or just stay with what you have. It will also save you money on buying new cards.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been waiting for what seems to be a life time for the Asus PG35VQ or the Acer Predator X35 to launch. The only reason that I haven't built a new rig is because I'm waiting for that 21:9 HDR 200hz goodness. In the meantime since they first popped up on the radar new hardware has launched so my new rig hardware is constantly changing. Curious to see what other hardware might be launched by the holidays. (Waiting to see the techtubers benchmarks for the 9900k...)

So, in conclusion I've waited this long, I think I can survive a couple more months... (although OP is from March...)

Also got my eye on this, have had for what seems like forever. 1440p is plenty sharp enough and easier to drive than 4k add HDR to the mix and this is imo the ultimate gaming monitor; if it ever ships....

Family is Everything ....But a fast pc with an SSD is NIce

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2018 at 3:02 PM, Zandvliet said:

this curved viewing angle feel uncomfortable to me? Because it's curved so everything will looks like curved when i watch movies, play games and watch YouTube right? 

I am so confuse.

I thought the same thing. You can buy pg279, PG348q., or PG27uq. It's all you. Go for pg279q it's phenomenal. I am getting this one soon.

You won't disappoint I promise.

• 1 month later...

Hey!  Greetings from 2019!  ... You know how you that Q4 2018 release?

Surprise!