replacable fans for h100iv2?

guys when under load i hear my corsair h100iv2 going up and down and im getting really annoyed by these fans which its getting to a way i cant game. what replacable fans should i get?

Just now, charbel1011 said:

u have the h100iv2?

Yes.

Just now, Smiffy_ said:

Yes.

omg man. the h100iv2 stock fans are killing me when they go up and down while gaming :(

That radiator uses 2 120mm fans.

Consider buying two of these fans: https://noctua.at/en/nf-f12-pwm/specification

Linus loves noctua, just saying. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Have you tried setting a custom fan curve for your fans?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

Have you tried setting a custom fan curve for your fans?

Could you please inform me on how to do this?

7 minutes ago, Densetsu said:

http://www.blacknoise.com/site/en/products/noiseblocker-it-fans/nb-eloop-series/120x120x25mm.php?lang=EN

I use these at the office, but you will not solve your problem by just replacing the fans. You need to make your own fan curve. The default ones are erratic.

well im not that bright to set my own curves to be honest like i know how to set it. but i dont know what temp for which rpm and etc but if u tell me how to i will. and my profile now is set to balanced

3 minutes ago, Smiffy_ said:

Could you please inform me on how to do this?

If the fans are plugged into the pump on the H100i, you can use software like Corsair link in Windows to control the fan speeds. 

If they're plugged into the motherboard, there are usually fan control options in the bios.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

If the fans are plugged into the pump on the H100i, you can use software like Corsair link in Windows to control the fan speeds. 

If they're plugged into the motherboard, there are usually fan control options in the bios.

i use corsair link. and i said my profile its set to balanced. i just dont know when i make a custom fan curve how to set the temperatures like which to what. u know what im saying?

2 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

i use corsair link. and i said my profile its set to balanced. i just dont know when i make a custom fan curve how to set the temperatures like which to what. u know what im saying?

24 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

okay i set it to the same fan curve one more question. hes settings the group to cpu package and not h100iv2 temp. im using the groupt to h100iv2 temps right now

47 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

okay i set it to the same fan curve one more question. hes settings the group to cpu package and not h100iv2 temp. im using the groupt to h100iv2 temps right now

The h100i temps refer to the liquid and not the cpu temp. It works but usually makes more sense to have it respond to the temps of whatever you're cooling. 

The h100i temps refer to the liquid and not the cpu temp. It works but usually makes more sense to have it respond to the temps of whatever you're cooling. 

ok wooden. i set the fan curve to custom same as the video. i have no noise at all while gaming now. but cpu temps are gettings to 68-75c instead of 62c-65 :(

1 minute ago, charbel1011 said:

ok wooden. i set the fan curve to custom same as the video. i have no noise at all while gaming now. but cpu temps are gettings to 68-75c instead of 62c-65 :(

What cpu do you have?

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What cpu do you have?

i7 6700k

i7 6700k

Those temps are fine. You're fine up to 80-90c at load.

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Those temps are fine. You're fine up to 80-90c at load.

alright. thank u for ur help. do you think if i get the noctua fans and set the temps to the old balanced mode, i will have the same noise i had?

alright. thank u for ur help. do you think if i get the noctua fans and set the temps to the old balanced mode, i will have the same noise i had?

NF-F12's would be quieter but I'm not sure about the noise or loudness you're referring to.

NF-F12's would be quieter but I'm not sure about the noise or loudness you're referring to.

when i game under the usual load. i heard my fans reving up and down like they wanna go faster than what they are set to and then they revive up and down which makes it really annoying.

4 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

when i game under the usual load. i heard my fans reving up and down like they wanna go faster than what they are set to and then they revive up and down which makes it really annoying.

That's what the fan curve is for. The fans rev up and down in response to temps. It can take some experimentation to see what works.  

9 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

That's what the fan curve is for. The fans rev up and down in response to temps. It can take some experimentation to see what works.  

i mean temps are acceptable now as u said. 66c-77c like u said. ill leave it.

Just to echo what everyone else has said. The fan curve is the only thing that will change the rev-up-down nature of the fans so changing fans won’t make any difference there.

what can be affected by better fans is the noise of the fans when they are running. The Corsair ones are on the loud side compared to others. In my system I have the Corsair unit and an EK unit (vardar fans) and the vardar stuff is so much quieter!

also fans that are more efficient will need to run slower and therefore quieter, so again better fans = quiet