8700K Vdroop and LLC question

Hey everyone!

I'm new to overclocking stuff and have been toying with my 8700k and Z370-E from Asus. I use a Kraken X62 as CPU cooler. I was messing with settings trying to fix the crappy MCE setting Asus set as default and I am currently sitting at 4.8 Ghz with -2 AVX offset. Instead of using default Asus LLC setting, I figured LLC 4 and 5 gave me much better temps. I use a manual voltage 1.225 and at idle HWMonitor shows 1.216 VCore. Under Intel Extreme Benchmark however, VCore drops as low as 1.152. As I am not sure that I understan Vdroop perfectly, is this bad for my VRM or CPU? Thanks in advance! 

Vdroop is good for your VRM and CPU and you want the droop to go as low as possible while still remaining stable.

Vdroop from the VRM getting too hot is what you do not want.

4.8 GHz at 1.15V is a very good chip, that's good.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Vdroop is good for your VRM and CPU and you want the droop to go as low as possible while still remaining stable.

Vdroop from the VRM getting too hot is what you do not want.

4.8 GHz at 1.15V is a very good chip, that's good.

Thanks for the quick reply! I thought in a similar manner but all the topics that I encountered while searching got me all confused as many people want the voltage to be steady rather than letting it drop. Thanks for the enlightenment :D