Can't purchase Far Cry 5 on Steam

M A J O R

When I go to the Far Cry 5 steam page, I don't have the option to purchase the base game. All that shows is the DLC and Season Pass options. I had seen the option to pre-order the game earlier but I'm not really a fan of pre-ordering.

I asked my friend and he also can't see the game on Steam. I've checked my cart and my recent purchases and they aren't there. (I'm in Australia if that helps)

What's going on here? 

Corsair Air 540 - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Z170 - Corsair HX850i - Intel i7 6700K - Corsair H100i Pro - Gigabyte RX 5700 XT 8GB - 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2400 - Samsung 860 QVO 1TB - Samsung 850 500GB - WD Black 4TB

How about some patience and trying later again?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

5 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

How about some patience and trying later again?

It doesn't make sense that Far Cry is the only recently released game that isn't available. Why would I be able to purchase the DLC and not the base game?

Corsair Air 540 - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Z170 - Corsair HX850i - Intel i7 6700K - Corsair H100i Pro - Gigabyte RX 5700 XT 8GB - 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2400 - Samsung 860 QVO 1TB - Samsung 850 500GB - WD Black 4TB

Same over here can buy the dlc's but no the base game..... also from Australia.

i5-6600k@4.5ghz, XFX RX-480 8G Black Edition, Hyperx 2*8Gb@2133mhz, Gigabyte Z170MX Gaming 5, 512& 256 Samsung 860 evo, 2*1Tb WD blue, Cryorig H5 Ultimate, EVGA Supernova 650 G2, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX

I have the same issue I've been waiting patently all day, Does anyone know when exactly i'll be able to actually purchase the game ?

My other question is, if i buy the game via Uplay, can i play against friends that have the game on steam ?

2 minutes ago, infektious19 said:

My other question is, if i buy the game via Uplay, can i play against friends that have the game on steam ?

I could with The Division, not sure if it's the same thing with Far Cry.

I don't want to find out lol, but it should be on steam by now surely ! 

i should of pre ordered it when i had the chance :S

1 minute ago, infektious19 said:

I don't want to find out lol, but it should be on steam by now surely ! 

i should of pre ordered it when i had the chance :S

Pre-ordering is too risky nowadays. 

4 minutes ago, TiTANiTE said:

Pre-ordering is too risky nowadays. 

exactly ! take your money and release a broken game full of micro transactions that's what the industry has become.... </3

I just logged in on Ubisoft Support. I wrote a paragraph explaining what is happening, added a little screen cap for evidence. Clicked "Start Chat" presumably with a support agent. The page refreshed - logged me out - and deleted my text entry. 

With rainbow six siege my friend has it on uplay and i have it on steam...we can join the same squad by using the uplay overlay.....even if you buy it on steam the game needs uplay to launch and still launches the uplay application in the background

i5-6600k@4.5ghz, XFX RX-480 8G Black Edition, Hyperx 2*8Gb@2133mhz, Gigabyte Z170MX Gaming 5, 512& 256 Samsung 860 evo, 2*1Tb WD blue, Cryorig H5 Ultimate, EVGA Supernova 650 G2, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX

Likewise. Although I'd really like to use the $30 I have in my Steam Wallet ^_^

yeah i just want it on steam for them achievements 

on steam it says release date 1970. I have dlc avail to buy but cant buy game. there is an error on steam

same problem..cnt buy the base game..and its written the game is released on 1970

I think that's something new @NavinRobin @TheonlyReaper. Mine doesn't show a release date like other upcoming games. I've tweeted at Steam and Ubisoft support with no response. It might help if you guys do the same. When I google the problem not much comes up. 

I have the same issue, can't see the 1970 release date tho. I live in New Zealand, and my friends also have this issue.....is it a region thing? If so why is nobody talking about it online??? I have only seen this thread and one other. With no resolution. 

Same problem.. I'm from Indonesia. I'm guessing they limit the selling, so only those who buy preorder can play today.. meh...

I would expect that sort of thing from EA haha. @Suicidal Panda

For us Aussies unfortunately Ubisoft have removed it off the Steam market just as I was about to buy it! Now I'm not sure whether I should buy it on Uplay  or wait because I want it to be on steam. Rumor has it that it could come back to the steam market, look out I guess! Has anyone bought it on Uplay?

Here is an article: https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/far-cry-5-pc-steam-india-china-cannot-buy-1829178

I'm from Sydney, Australia and have the same problem on Steam :/

Any ideas if it just temporary or for the long-term?

Seems that this is affecting Indian, China, Asian and Oceania (Australia, New Zealand) Steam markets. Ubisoft says they're working on fixing the issue but nothing from them since then. I'm also in Australia and have been affected. If you really need it now then you can get it on uPlay but I'd rather wait for the Steam release.

It's not a permanent situation and will release on Steam in these markets when Ubisoft fixes the issue. If you get it on uPlay you can still play with your friends that got it on Steam since if you buy it on Steam it still runs through uPlay.