please help

hi i am a first time pc builder and im planing to get a amd ryzen 5 2400g and i cant figure out what ram goes with it and other people have told me to look at the motherboard (GIGABYTE GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI) but i couldn't find anything 

what ram can i get at a low price (8gb)

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/RTJkcf/gskill-memory-f42666c15s8gvr

or

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/9yKhP6/crucial-memory-bls2k4g4d240fsc

Both will work nice. You want DDR4 RAM and either some that comes with an 3000MHz or higher rating, or some that you'll be able to overclock about that high.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

hi i am a first time pc builder and i am getting the amd ryzen 5 2400g which has built in graphics and i cant find a motherboard that comes without a bios update 

pls help

I bet that by now, chances are pretty high that the BIOS will already be upgraded. Worst case scenario, AMD will send you a free CPU to update the BIOS with.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, advilnoscope said:

what do you mean by quote me

Press the little arrow. Then I can see your reply to me if I leave the page.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 hours ago, advilnoscope said:

hi i am a first time pc builder and i am getting the amd ryzen 5 2400g which has built in graphics and i cant find a motherboard that comes without a bios update 

pls help

As far as I know as yet there are no new motherboards. However, most manufacturers started shipping motherboards with updated BIOS as soon as the BIOS were ready. Once you have got a motherboard choice check its manufacturer's web compatibility page/tab. This will list the BIOS version necessary to use the cpu. Using that information talk to the merchant and ask for the version number of the motherboard that would be shipped.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

10 hours ago, advilnoscope said:

hi i am a first time pc builder and im planing to get a amd ryzen 5 2400g and i cant figure out what ram goes with it and other people have told me to look at the motherboard (GIGABYTE GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI) but i couldn't find anything 

what ram can i get at a low price (8gb)

U CN COPY THIS BUILD...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($162.89 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($103.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($64.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($39.49 @ Newegg) 
Total: $526.33
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-03-27 02:39 EDT-0400

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

Get ASRock b350 pro4....it has a flash utility to flash new bios....also it's bios is very easy to navigate..

https://www.asrock.com/feature/InstantFlash/index.asp

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

If you wanr ram in lower price try buying second hand do not go for less than 3000 mhz as ryzens apu benefits from very fast ram. Also try looking at asus pro4 as mb.

1 hour ago, vexicus365 said:

Get ASRock b350 pro4....it has a flash utility to flash new bios....also it's bios is very easy to navigate..

https://www.asrock.com/feature/InstantFlash/index.asp

In order to use that feature a working cpu is required. 

Asus has a feature it calls USB BIOS Flashback that does not require a cpu or memory to work, http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/. It is usually available on higher-end offerings.

1 hour ago, brob said:

In order to use that feature a working cpu is required. 

Asus has a feature it calls USB BIOS Flashback that does not require a cpu or memory to work, http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/. It is usually available on higher-end offerings.

If u contact amd...they provide u with a CPU to upgrade ur bios

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

4 hours ago, vexicus365 said:

If u contact amd...they provide u with a CPU to upgrade ur bios

That is good news. Do you have a link?

i am a first time pc builder and i am getting a and ryzen 5 2400g (built in graphics) and i am thinking of getting a gigabyte ga-ab350m gaming 3 but i dont know if it will work.

Will it?

Possibly will, possibly won't.

Depends when the board was manufactured, if it was a recent one then it'll(most likely) have the most recent BIOS to support the 2xxx series. If it's an older one, you'd have to update the BIOS before the 2400g will work.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

It will if it has updated bios which is indicated by a sticker on the box. If it doesn't you may need to RMA it. Edit: Might not actually be the case.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Phone: iPhone 6S 32 GB Space Grey

and by the way i know that amd will send a cpu but it will take weeks and amd has to approve that you cant get a refund and cant ask the merchant to update the bios and then they will send it

2 minutes ago, ThatFlashCat said:

It will if it has updated bios which is indicated by a sticker on the box. If it doesn't you may need to RMA it.

I doubt that they'd authorise an RMA just for the BIOS not being the correct version.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, ExplosiveSloths said:

It will if the bios is updated.

If not, you can contact AMD for a upgrade kit.

They are very picky about this though. You have to prove that your mobo manufacturer won't do it for you.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

5 minutes ago, ThatFlashCat said:

They are very picky about this though. You have to prove that your mobo manufacturer won't do it for you.

Are they?

I had to get it done at my workplace for my 2400G, it didn't cost me anything as I borrowed a CPU.

have they released the new motherboards yet? B450 or whatever they'll be called.

Just now, ExplosiveSloths said:

Are they?

I had to get it done at my workplace for my 2400G, it didn't cost me anything as I borrowed a CPU.

have they released the new motherboards yet? B450 or whatever they'll be called.

Strange, the requirements on their website seemed strict: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/2Gen-Ryzen-AM4-System-Bootup.aspx

PC Specs:

Freenas specs: