Asus ROG X99 RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1 doesn't POST, code 60/b0

fugalism

I'm now on my third X99 mobo, after my previous Asrock board couldn't deal with my RAM and my first one died. System doesn't post, hanging on Qcode 60 or b0. I'm assuming it's b0 as the 6 doesn't have the top 'bar' but I could be wrong. Code 60 is related to the CPU, code b0 means "runtime set virtual address MAP begin" whatever that means.

Specs are as follows:

CPU: i7 5820k
RAM: 16GB Corsair RAM, which the manual states as being compatible

I'm at this point assuming my Gigabyte X99 board fried my CPU when it died but I'm kind of hoping I'm just missing something. Have already tried positioning the RAM in multiple positions, reseating the CPU, clearing the CMOS etc.

1 hour ago, fugalism said:
I'm now on my third X99 mobo, after my previous Asrock board couldn't deal with my RAM and my first one died. System doesn't post, hanging on Qcode 60 or b0. I'm assuming it's b0 as the 6 doesn't have the top 'bar' but I could be wrong. Code 60 is related to the CPU, code b0 means "runtime set virtual address MAP begin" whatever that means. It Means RAM issues.

Specs are as follows:

CPU: i7 5820k
RAM: 16GB Corsair RAM, which the manual states as being compatible I may ask: paste the whole model of your RAM. Have you checked if your config is supported? (i mean if you have a 4x4 does your manual say compatible in 4x4?) Also, have you checked if it's compatible after a certain BIOS version is applied? It could be compatible but with newer ones.

I'm at this point assuming my Gigabyte X99 board fried my CPU when it died but I'm kind of hoping I'm just missing something. Have already tried positioning the RAM in multiple positions, reseating the CPU, clearing the CMOS etc.

Besides notes above, let me tell you one single difference in RAM model can mean no-go for X99. Also remember to install the ram as said in the MoBo manual, following instructions relative to your config (2x8 or 4x4) regarding order of install. May sound trivial but x99&RAM never is.

At this point im thinking you ram is not compatible, i experienced some of this issues with Kingstone Fury and my x99 rig. Same B0 as you, no POST, resited the CPU 10 times, tested ram in every possible way. It ended up being my fault, i read the whole model number again and one single character was different. :dry:  Something like "SKF" instead of "SKE".

RAM is 4x4GB Corsair CMK16GX4M4A2800C16. I've checked the manual, and it's compatible up to the letter.
As far as I know the board doesn't support USB BIOS flashing, so I can't update it without getting to the BIOS.