FPS weapons in real life

Stonep11

Hey guys,

So the FPS genre is wildly popular and typically features a wide variety of modern day weaponry.  I realize, especially for many not in the United States, that almost all of these weapons will always be virtual, but I was wondering...

How many of you have fired a weapon from any video game in real life?

Also, if you could pick any video game weapon to try out in real life, what would it be (not like the portal gun or gravity gun, those are too obvious)?

I'll start off.  As a member of the Army I was able to use some staples of the FPS genre.  I have fired the M4, M249 SAW, M240B, M203 (I think DP warheads, maybe HE), AT4 (only tracers), M9, and the P226.  The machine guns like the M249 and the M240B are a blast to use, but they use up some expensive ammo insanely fast.  I also got to use a mortar (60mm) which is pretty cool and coordinate fire from a 105mm howitzer as part of the gun team.  I would like to get my hands on a Mk 19 (automatic grenade launcher), because I loved shooting the under barrel grenade launcher and loved that.

Post what you either have shot or would like to below!  (Bonus points if you were able to use the military or automatic variants, not just the semi-auto versions)

i used to have an paintball game. and i ever went paintballing if that counts.

and i would just love to shoot an .50 cal sniper rifle

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

P 90 cuz its begian and it shoots at a bazilion RPM

ive shot a 12 gauge shotgun of my granddad and i have an airbucks :P love shooting some pigeons with that

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

I've fired an AR15 at a gun range but that's about it. I own an airsoft M15A4 and a M1911 though, so there's that.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I have shot a lot of guns. M1911, AK-47, M16, M1014 and more. :D

1911s are beautiful pistols, never gotten a chance to shot an AK but I have used the same round a few times.  I have an over/under shotgun, but never used a combat style

Since I do shooting recreationally had the chance to fire lots of long rifles but the most fun was the F88S Austeyr.

I really do want to fire a mini gun, ya know, while standing up and what not.

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

i used to have an paintball game. and i ever went paintballing if that counts.

and i would just love to shoot an .50 cal sniper rifle

I've heard those .50 cals are actually pretty hard on the body to shoot.  Something about the pressure they kick back, not the recoil, but just the force of the round can bother people.  I still would totally want to try one out either way.

I fired a czech variant of the AK47(vz.58), a glock(i think it was the g17 but not sure), a 38 special revolver, a semi automatic sniper rifle(but it was just a modified battle rile i think)a benelli shotgun and the old small cz skorpion

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Ive fired an airsoft replica of a glock 19.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I have fired a glock (it was not 9mm it was .45 though), the same revolver that Walter White uses in Breaking Bad, and finally I have fired an FN Five seveN (the gun in splinter cell/Counter Strike/now BF4).

The most fun I have ever had at a shooting range was with the FN Five seveN though. It sounds like freaking cannon but has no recoil which is awesome.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I have fired a glock (it was not 9mm it was .45 though), the same revolver that Walter White uses in Breaking Bad, and finally I have fired an FN Five seveN (the gun in splinter cell/Counter Strike/now BF4).

The most fun I have ever had at a shooting range was with the FN Five seveN though. It sounds like freaking cannon but has no recoil which is awesome.

The 5.7 is an interesting round.  I have never gotten the chance to use one, but I would like to try it out.

I've always wanted to fire one of those, I am a big fan of the 5.7mm round.

The 5.7 is an interesting round.  I have never gotten the chance to use one, but I would like to try it out.

My parents do not actually own a FN but we rented one at a shooting range. It was definitely worth it. Think .22 in terms of recoil and accuracy and .40sw in terms of sound.

ive shot a 12 gauge shotgun of my granddad and i have an airbucks :P love shooting some pigeons with that

What do you shoot?  Trap, skeet, 5 stand, or just random thrown pigeons?

My parents do not actually own a FN but we rented one at a shooting range. It was definitely worth it. Think .22 in terms of recoil and accuracy and .40sw in terms of sound.

Sounds awesome as long as it doesn't have the limited range of the .22

You should try out the real thing, a lot of airsoft guns are pretty similar in their mechanics.

Im in the Uk real guns are banned.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Yeah I have fired the Wabbajack from Skyrim, the double ended dildo from Vice City and the dubstep gun from saints row.

JK :)

I have only ever fired a shotgun clay pigeon shooting but have held an AK47 and some kind of minigun think it was like an M134.