A app that edits permisions of other apps.?

Edward78

I have andriod 4.4 & I have apps that make me wonder why they need access to my phone/sms. etc...

GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX (AM4 AMD/B550/Mini-Itx/Dual M.2/SATA 6Gb/s/USB 3.2 Gen 1/WiFi 6/2.5 GbE LAN/PCIe4.0/Realtek ALC1220-Vb/DisplayPort 1.4/2xHDMI 2.0B/RGB Fusion 2.0/DDR4/Gaming Motherboard) ,AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked 4.7 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

hi @Edward78

Very common, many app in play store ask way to much permissions by default which arent even necressary for the app to work. Sometimes its for future updates but most of the time it is for datamining.

Edit: thats why i always have as less as possible apps at my mobile phone.

1 minute ago, Jarno. said:

Very common, many app in play store ask way to much permissions by default which arent even necressary for the app to work. Sometimes its for future updates but most of the time is just for datamining.

I just installed Xender, why does that need access to anything but my storage???

GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX (AM4 AMD/B550/Mini-Itx/Dual M.2/SATA 6Gb/s/USB 3.2 Gen 1/WiFi 6/2.5 GbE LAN/PCIe4.0/Realtek ALC1220-Vb/DisplayPort 1.4/2xHDMI 2.0B/RGB Fusion 2.0/DDR4/Gaming Motherboard) ,AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked 4.7 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

1 minute ago, Edward78 said:

I just installed Xender, why does that need access to anything but my storage???

I dont know, but my earlier awser is probably the awser at this question as well.

8 minutes ago, Edward78 said:

I have andriod 4.4 & I have apps that make me wonder why they need access to my phone/sms. etc...

No there is not. If you're on Android 6.0 or later there is support baked into the OS for manually restricting specific apps, but in Android 4.4 you have no such support.

2 minutes ago, Edward78 said:

A lot of it is for the new phone setup transfer it can do. You need access to contacts to, for example, transfer your contacts.