Artic Fans are they any good?

linustouchtips

Well yesterday after playing around with my budget computer I was getting sick of the Corsair fans that are jet engine loud so I decided to buy some new fans for it.

Obviously I'm not getting Nocutas or any Be quiets! for an old and cheap system but i stumbled upon these fans.

The reviews for these fans are mostly positive the price was pretty good under 9 dollars US for a new fan and they are supposed to be quiet too.

I never heard of Artic before I do like the looks maybe these are secret treasures.

I ended up buying a few of them hoping to cover the case with these fans and have a few extras for future builds and stuff.

What do you guys think worth the gamble?

I think they are not worth the gamble if you are buying a ton of them but if your getting 1 or 2 the noise shouldn’t be bad. Here is what someone had to say: 

“Quick rundown: surprisingly nice fans, especially at 8 euros a pop. The build quality is less than Scythe's (S-FLEX, Slip Stream). The PWM splitting function that is their trump card is okay but not great: it works but has limited reach. The fans wind down to very quiet levels at idle (30%, 20% is so inaudible it gets unnerving) and are unintrusive for me at load (70% typical). Full blast sounded rough, not acceptable.“ 

You can read the full review here: http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=60147

Good luck, Aaron

PST version fans are pretty good. I have used them over 3 years and are still good. I have three non-PST version fans too and these are crap. After using non-PST fans over 6 month they all make annoying ticking noises. I got 120mm PST for 5.50€ each and 120mm non-PST 3.20€ each.

45 minutes ago, linustouchtips said:

Well yesterday after playing around with my budget computer I was getting sick of the Corsair fans that are jet engine loud so I decided to buy some new fans for it.

Obviously I'm not getting Nocutas or any Be quiets! for an old and cheap system but i stumbled upon these fans.

The reviews for these fans are mostly positive the price was pretty good under 9 dollars US for a new fan and they are supposed to be quiet too.

I never heard of Artic before I do like the looks maybe these are secret treasures.

I ended up buying a few of them hoping to cover the case with these fans and have a few extras for future builds and stuff.

What do you guys think worth the gamble?

They’re not bad, decently quiet fans with fluid dynamic bearings. The multipack is pretty good in terms of value.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NTUJTAK/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521724440&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=arctic+pwm+fans&dpPl=1&dpID=41gF0%2B4TALL&ref=plSrch

1 hour ago, linustouchtips said:

I have a few Arctic fans, different version (Pro, CO, TC, 92mm, 120mm), some i got new, some I got used... My impression has been that they're not the absolute best, but they are typically unbeatable for the money. Especially if you care about airflow above all: the regular 120mm fan at max speed (1350rpm) produces a barely audible, low pitch hum and moves air like there's no tomorrow (I tend to put little weight on "extreme silence" as I tend to find that anything is silent at low rpm... and also moves no air :P So I look at noise at high airflow / static pressure settings). Overall, great case fans. I suspect they're not the best for static pressure, though, so I'd look for something else if you'll use them for a radiator.

The Pro version, on the other hand, it's much better suited for heatsinks and radiator, and I think outperform the regular ones in every aspect, but they only have one mounting option ("push") and don't produce a "focused pull" (?) (what I mean is that their exhaust is quite directed, but you can barely feel the flow from the intake side, they just gather air from all around them, rather than specifically from behind).

OK, enough rambling, you got the regular PST anyway :P 

I've used many Arctic fans over the years, for the price and if you want quiet fans, they are very good. So for your old machine, they'll certainly do.

Wraith/Main Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT | Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 | ASRock X570 Steel Legend | Micron Workstation ECC 64GB | XFX Speedster SWFT 319 Radeon RX 6800 XT 16GB | Topping D50s+A50s+PA3s | Seagate FireCuda 520 NVMe 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO M.2 1TB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 2TB, HPE SSD 1.92TB, Toshiba X300 4TB, Seagate SkyHawk 4TB, WD Blue 4TB, HPE HDD 8TB | LG GGW-H20L Bluray-RW, Pioneer DVR-220LBK DVD-RW | HP NC550SFP 10GbE | Super Flower Leadex II Gold 750W | CoolerMaster MasterCase MC500P - Ghost/Test Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B | Asus ROG Strix X370-F | Crucial Ballistix Red 16GB | XFX Radeon R9 290 DD 4GB | Asus Xonar D2X | Crucial MX500 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 500GB | SAMA Forza 750W Gold | Antec GX200

Phantom/Win98 Rig: AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ | Arctic Cooling Copper Silent 3 | ASRock K7S41GX | Elixir 512MB | ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256MB with ATI Silencer 3 Rev.2 | Aureal BA88DL30A-01 Vortex 2 | Seagate Barracuda 160GB | LiteOn IHDP118-18 DVD-Rom | Samsung FDD | Ccivo 300W | CiT S008B - Parvati IV/Home Unraid Rig: Dual AMD Opteron 4184 | 2x Noctua NH-U12DO A3 | Supermicro Aplus H8DCL-i | Samsung ECC 32GB | Matrox G200eW 16MB | Kioxia Exceria G2 1TB, HPE Seagate Exos 4TB, 2x Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB, 2x Toshiba E300 2TB, Seagate SkyHawk 2TB, 2x Samsung Spinpoint F4EG 2TB, Seagate Essentials 1TB, WD Green 500GB | Dell Perc H200+H310 HBA, HP NC550SFP 10GbE | Cooler Master MWE v2 850W | Corsair Obsidian 750d Full Tower - Behemoth12/Second Unraid Rig: HP Microserver G8 | Xeon E3-1220L V2 | Intel C204 | Hynix ECC 16GB | Matrox G200eH 16MB | WD Green 500GB NVMe |

As mentioned already, they're decent fans at a low price. If you're mainly looking for quiet, PW2's could be better: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/M6vZxr/be-quiet-pure-wings-2-120-870-cfm-120mm-fan-bl039

Where are the fans being used?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.