First Build 2500$ budget

JagdPanzer

This is my first build, with a budget of 2500 U.S dollars, I been saving for a long time and i do not want to do something wrong or mess things up.

The build for the moment is --- https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QhRd6s ---

As you can see is missing some parts.

-What cpu cooler do you recommend to get for that cpu and case.

-In compatibility issues it says "The motherboard M.2 slot #2 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled" i don't know what that means I been reading but I still don't know how that affects the build

-Any recommendations at all for the build in special I been in doubt about going for 32Gb of Ram or trying to find a Gtx 1080ti for a reasonable price

-Anything wrong that you see with the components, incompatibilities something that's better for the budged

-Should I buy extra fans for the case. It says it comes with 3 but I'm not sure

This is my first build and I'm not experienced with doing this things but I hope having it done by the end of the week.

(edit)

-Also I wanted to check if the motherboard and the case good or is there better options.

on your board you have you have 2 m.2 slots, and 6 6GB/s SATA ports, when the second m.2 slot is in use only 5 of your SATAs work, which as long as you don't have 6 SATA drives in your case should cause no issues. (just use m.2 slot #1 (your manual will tell you were it is))

If this is for gaming then looking for a reasonable priced 1080ti in budget is not a bad idea, if this is for something like CAD or engineering work or another professional thing like that get 32GB of RAM you will need it in all likelyhood

the extra fans is up to you, the case fans you'll get will be loader in all likelyhood what you will get

Get a CPU cooler as well, AIO recommended, they anit scary to install and give very good performance

I would get a better PSU, like a RM1000x it's a teir 1  power supply and for a build this expensive I would recommend getting the best

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Vq38TW/corsair-power-supply-cp9020094na

The build I edited to be this

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hb47hy

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

1 hour ago, grimreeper132 said:

on your board you have you have 2 m.2 slots, and 6 6GB/s SATA ports, when the second m.2 slot is in use only 5 of your SATAs work, which as long as you don't have 6 SATA drives in your case should cause no issues. (just use m.2 slot #1 (your manual will tell you were it is))

If this is for gaming then looking for a reasonable priced 1080ti in budget is not a bad idea, if this is for something like CAD or engineering work or another professional thing like that get 32GB of RAM you will need it in all likelyhood

the extra fans is up to you, the case fans you'll get will be loader in all likelyhood what you will get

Get a CPU cooler as well, AIO recommended, they anit scary to install and give very good performance

I would get a better PSU, like a RM1000x it's a teir 1  power supply and for a build this expensive I would recommend getting the best

The build I edited to be this

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hb47hy

The computer is going to be used mostly for Cad and that type of workload so im going to go for the 32Gb of Ram

The Cpu Cooler i dont really now I'm a complete novice and Liquid Cooling sounds like im going to Do something Wrong and mess that thing up

For the PSU I agree its got to be good but I think 1000w is execive

Hey!

For cooling I would recommend atleast 240 mm aio (e.g. kraken x62) because  the 8700k is quite a hot chip maybe even 360 mm. There is nothing to mess up. You just plug it in and it cools. Not a big science so dont be scared of that. But if u do not want to go for aio just get dark rock pro 3.

Here are some changes I would make:

1. drop the m.2 ssd and buy 500 gb sata (e.g. samsung evo 850)

2. get rid of that case and search for something with better airflow or your components will suffer

3. if the psu is v-series than its top tier so it should be good (even 650w should be enough for this build when ocing)

EDIT: peripherals are up to your personal preference

1 hour ago, matus177 said:

Hey!

For cooling I would recommend atleast 240 mm aio (e.g. kraken x62) because  the 8700k is quite a hot chip maybe even 360 mm. There is nothing to mess up. You just plug it in and it cools. Not a big science so dont be scared of that. But if u do not want to go for aio just get dark rock pro 3.

Here are some changes I would make:

1. drop the m.2 ssd and buy 500 gb sata (e.g. samsung evo 850)

2. get rid of that case and search for something with better airflow or your components will suffer

3. if the psu is v-series than its top tier so it should be good (even 650w should be enough for this build when ocing)

I will look for a change in that m.2 I was just thinking that 250Gb was a little small and see about m.2 and sata

2 The other option for the case i had in mind was This one, but i know little about that could you recommend something for the case?

1 hour ago, dieegoperi said:

About RAM, RGB stuff is expensive AF, take a look at G.Skill Flare X or G.Skill Ripjaws, you'd save like a hundred dollar (32GB for $300 vs 32GB for $400) and 2400MHz is just fine, no need to go higher since you can OC it to 3000MHz "easily".

Good luck bro.

Yeah Ram and GPU prices are going crazy compared to a few month ago. G.Skill Ripjaws 32Gb sticks look incredible but its the first time i hear of the brand

After looking at the build it changed to this 

-- https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FxFjcY --

Leaving the Case empty since I know little about cases what would you recommend

Also, is the motherboard is good?

Any changes to the current setup?

2 hours ago, JagdPanzer said:

After looking at the build it changed to this 

-- https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FxFjcY --

Leaving the Case empty since I know little about cases what would you recommend

Also, is the motherboard is good?

Any changes to the current setup?

THIS SHOULD BE A BETTER BUILD...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($333.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($147.32 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($134.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($216.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: SanDisk - SSD PLUS 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($124.65 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.79 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming OC 11G  Video Card  ($964.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - HX Platinum 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Samsung - U28E590D 28.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($312.99 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Razer - BlackWidow Ultimate 2016 Wired Standard Keyboard  ($81.98 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: Razer - Mamba Tournament Edition Wired Laser Mouse  ($71.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2558.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-03-21 09:15 EDT-0400

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

Just now, vexicus365 said:

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($333.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($147.32 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($216.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: SanDisk - SSD PLUS 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($124.65 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.79 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming OC 11G  Video Card  ($964.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - HX Platinum 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Samsung - U28E590D 28.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($312.99 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Razer - BlackWidow Ultimate 2016 Wired Standard Keyboard  ($81.98 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: Razer - Mamba Tournament Edition Wired Laser Mouse  ($71.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2558.67
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-03-21 09:15 EDT-0400

Ye, if you want your components on the table, sure.

5 hours ago, JagdPanzer said:

The computer is going to be used mostly for Cad and that type of workload so im going to go for the 32Gb of Ram

The Cpu Cooler i dont really now I'm a complete novice and Liquid Cooling sounds like im going to Do something Wrong and mess that thing up

For the PSU I agree its got to be good but I think 1000w is execive

For the AIO they sound scary but they are very hard to fuck up, as they are designed so an idiot can use them, so there is no issue with it. Yea if it's for CAD 32GB of RAM will get you further in all likely hood, and a 1080 is more than enough. And it is, but that is an amazing power supply, easy to use, and the 1000W means you will be within it's more efficient range and gives you alot of head room if you ever upgrade it. to SLI or something like that. (I know it's over kill but if you overclock stuff or add more to the PC is can quickly become not so overkill)

Sorry I had shit to do today

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

6 hours ago, vexicus365 said:

Well I see the motherboard I like the choice you picked but is a brand i just hear and after seeing reviews I think is good but I still insecure do you recommend it? or any other choice. As for the Ram I don't see any difference just the RGB. I dont know how much cooling is going to require the I7 8700k but a jump from 50$ to 150$ is big, but again I now little about AIO coolers 

7 hours ago, matus177 said:

Ye, if you want your components on the table, sure.

The joke took me about 1 hour to get...

6 hours ago, dieegoperi said:

Yeah, the motherboard is incredible, I got the Z170-E and it's awesome, I suggest you to go for a motherboard without SLI (you pay a lot just to get the option of Nvidia SLI, and it's something that each year less people do due to the ammount of money and lack of performance).

A change would be: Samsung SSD Nvme 960 Evo, it's very fast compared to any SATA SSD and it's worth, or the WD Black m.2

I was also looking at This motherboar but in other response they suggest  ASRock - Z370 Extreme4  so im a little :S with the motherboard. Every time I try to add a m.2 it gaves me the same compatibility issue so I would use SATA probably. For the case all options look good to me, how do I know whats the correct one?

1 hour ago, dieegoperi said:

Don't get me wrong, all motherboards above $150 are just the same, some with RGB, some with red, white, carbon accents, some with WIFI card included, some with up to 2 m.2 slots for SSD, some with SLI... Just take the one you like most! But, have in mind, with a $150 motherboard you get the same features than with a $250 one, but you'll save up to $100 you can spend on a chair, a better keyboard, a better mouse, a better display (ultrawide like this, this or this) so it's just your choice!

PS: your motherboard do support m.2, look at the slot + screw between the SLI slots

This one too, and you'll save $110

Yeah its not that much the difference I would probably pick i notice it has better IO ports and is not that much different from the other one now my only question would lie on the case and CPU cooling

8 hours ago, JagdPanzer said:

Well I see the motherboard I like the choice you picked but is a brand i just hear and after seeing reviews I think is good but I still insecure do you recommend it? or any other choice. As for the Ram I don't see any difference just the RGB. I dont know how much cooling is going to require the I7 8700k but a jump from 50$ to 150$ is big, but again I now little about AIO coolers 

The joke took me about 1 hour to get...

I was also looking at This motherboar but in other response they suggest  ASRock - Z370 Extreme4  so im a little :S with the motherboard. Every time I try to add a m.2 it gaves me the same compatibility issue so I would use SATA probably. For the case all options look good to me, how do I know whats the correct one?

I m myself using this Mobo.....this Mobo has awesome caps ND VRMs...I recommend it

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

3 hours ago, dieegoperi said:

Don't get a cheap cooler, a month after getting the PC you'll start noticing that your CPU runs hotter than other's, even if it's the same model, and a bad cooler, running your CPU at higher degrees for several hours, after two years you could experiment a drop on performance. Notice that bigger watercoolers are meant to cool VERY hot CPUs (overclocked ones) so no need it at the moment.

Once said that, you should get a cooler that fits on your case, or you should pick a case your cooler fits in, you don't have neither so: the cooler Corsair H115i [Pro] is awesome, and the Kraken X62 Rev 2, both are 280mm radiator so you should get a case that supports 2x140 mm fans in front or upside:

Corsair 780T: 2x140mm front fans; 2x140mm upside fans; 2x120mm downside fans; 1x140mm back fans; it's a good option, you get a very good air flow for your GPU, and you get much space for HDDs

The Thermaltake View 71 lets you install the GPU in vertical, it's huge so you won't have ANY problem with radiators, fans nor HDDs, it's perfect for custom watercooler loops

You got the Corsair Crystal 570X, Corsair Obsidian 750D,Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 6

Get the one you like the most, that supports the watercooler you like the most (the H115i and X62 are really good, but you have the air cooler Noctua NH-D15 and the Cooler master MasterAir Maker 8)

PS: if you wanna go silent, take a look at Be Quiet brand, the case Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900, the air cooler Dark Rock Pro 3 and the water cooler Silent Loop 280mm

Good luck!

Noise is not that big of a deal for me. I loved the Corsair Crystal 570X I would surely pick that one. For the CPU cooler i have decided the  Kraken X62 Rev 2 because how you said its going to give more life spam to my components and this is a quite high end build for me. Are the fans that come with the case good or do i need to buy some extra? where I live is not that hot so the outside temperature should not be a problem

The full build --https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XMT2RJ--

1 hour ago, JagdPanzer said:

Does good doesnt love me?

The same incompatibility issue that was solved appeared again. i don't know why 

-https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XMT2RJ-

Why

Trident z is much sexy looking RGB RAM

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

3 hours ago, JagdPanzer said:

Does good doesnt love me?

The same incompatibility issue that was solved appeared again. i don't know why 

-https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XMT2RJ-

Why

THIS IS A BETTER BUILD.....8700K + 1080Ti

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($345.35 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($109.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($164.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Adorama) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Extreme Core Video Card  ($914.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT - S340 (Black/Blue) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($37.00 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake - 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Asus - PB277Q 27.0" 2560x1440 75Hz Monitor  ($313.75 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: Razer - Mamba Tournament Edition Wired Laser Mouse  ($75.48 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2368.18
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-03-22 11:56 EDT-0400

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

5 hours ago, JagdPanzer said:

Noise is not that big of a deal for me. I loved the Corsair Crystal 570X I would surely pick that one. For the CPU cooler i have decided the  Kraken X62 Rev 2 because how you said its going to give more life spam to my components and this is a quite high end build for me. Are the fans that come with the case good or do i need to buy some extra? where I live is not that hot so the outside temperature should not be a problem

The full build --https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XMT2RJ--

The Corsair Crystal RGB 570X has glass panels on both sides. While there are good cable management features, it does mean the case will be a challenge for a first time builder wanting a clean looking build. You might consider instead the Corsair - Crystal 460X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case which has an opaque right panel.

Consider using the Corsair H100i v2 cpu cooler. It offers excellent performance and is less expensive.

I would suggest SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 750W instead of the HX750. It features a 10 year warranty and is smaller, making cable runs a little easier. If one is fixated on 80+ Platinum, SeaSonic SSR-750PX is also compact and also has a 10 year warranty.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

After looking at the comments I end up with this system

--https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Y97m8Y-- The monitor is not that one. The one i picked is a little bit cheaper but it wasn't listed so the build end up in 2500$ budget

Is the most balanced thing i could find and taking all your suggestions which helped a lot. I plan to buy all the components Saturday. any last minute change I would want to consider?