Suggestions on budget Plex server build

Greetings LTT forums,

I'm looking to build a cheap DIY build for a Plex server or to possibly buy a Nas if that would be cheaper. I've looked around and seen quite a few cheaper 771/775 motherboards around so if that is the best option I'd go with that. In the UK we have a site called CEX which sells dirt cheap CPUs, ram and drives so buying those there is probably the best option. I'm looking to spend the bare minimum for an enjoyable 1080p streaming over the network never over internet with a maximum of 2 users but predominantly used by only one user. I don't really need to use the system on storing anything rather than my Plex media content. Thanks!

They recommend a CPU with a PassMark score of at least 2000 should you want/need transcoding (e.g. in case of subtitles at the moment), other than that you're fine with pretty much anything I guess. Especially Direct Play-ing stuff requires pretty much no resources at all.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB