OBS+LoL=Death of FPS

Hope this is the right place for this.

Anyways my gf has the following problem with her PC: when streaming league of legends with OBS her fps start to drop down after a while and constantly creep further down until it turns into a 1fps slideshow. closing OBS later doesnt help, only a PC restart. This does not happen when OBS wasnt used to stream and she has no fps problems whatsoever in other games. Her PC doesnt have trouble handling streaming, as her cpu usage is 50% at most while streaming league and gpu and ram are also not much used.

Specs: i7 8700k, gtx 1060 6gb, both obs and lol are on the same ssd, 16gb ram, windows 10 pro

Please help :(

Edit: OBS log link: https://gist.github.com/88ba693aa042859a17c4dfca7e565b63

Edit2: using x264, but same problem with nvenc

Stop playing League of Legends? :^) /s

Is she doing a game capture on LoL or using a window capture? Using NVENC? Is there something else running in the background when the FPS drops start (Besides OBS or LoL)?

Are you using hardware acceleration or software?

Because if you use hardware acceleration, it will screw up your fps if you don't have really good specs.

It might also be the OBS that you are using. Use something like StreamLabsOBS

(https://streamlabs.com/streamlabs-obs)

(EDIT)

I just looked at your specs, so it must be either the OBS or something else. When I play a game on the same drive as my system, the game tends to lag at random times. If you put OBS on a different drive, it might be fine.

All I ever do at this point is play Destiny 2.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's kinda sad... 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2

MB: Asus PRIME x370 Pro

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8gb) 3200 MHz

Storage: Toshiba P300 1TB, Samsung 970 EVO 250gb

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 ti GAMING

PSU: Corsair RMx 750w

Case: Corsair Crystal 460x

3 minutes ago, HarryNyquist said:

Stop playing League of Legends? :^) /s

Is she doing a game capture on LoL or using a window capture? Using NVENC? Is there something else running in the background when the FPS drops start (Besides OBS or LoL)?

game capture that is capturing a specific window for ingame and windows capture for the client. x264, but the problem persists with nvenc

she just has her standard streaming stuff open which worked fine until about 2-3 weeks ago and is still working fine for all other games

3 minutes ago, Colin Kent said:

Are you using hardware acceleration or software?

Because if you use hardware acceleration, it will screw up your fps if you don't have really good specs.

It might also be the OBS that you are using. Use something like StreamLabsOBS

(https://streamlabs.com/streamlabs-obs)

specs are not the problem. i7 8700k and gtx 1060 6gb

Edit: x264, but same problem with nvenc

• 2 months later...

Update to 21.1.2, the auto updater is broken so you'll need to redownload from www.obsproject.com , it fixes it. Make sure to delete the old game capture source once its finished updating.

Fixed an issue with the new 2018 Windows 10 release (1803) that would cause game capture to perform poorly on Direct3D 9.0c games.