Razer BlackWidow X vs BlackWidow v2 (Tournament Edition)

Alexander H

I have trouble deciding between these. Which has better lighting and what would be the best for school? I already have a regular BlackWidow v2 but it's starting to get too big for me to bring. 

If you find yourself moving around a lot, then the V2 might be the right choice due to it's removable USB cord to keep things nice and tidy during transport. You can't go wrong with either keyboard... imo, they are both very good. 

I use a regular BW and I have found cleaning the caps to be quite the pain. I am considering the BW-X due to it's metal back plate for easy cleaning. 

34 minutes ago, Alexander H said:

I have trouble deciding between these. Which has better lighting and what would be the best for school? I already have a regular BlackWidow v2 but it's starting to get too big for me to bring. 

I use the Blackwidow v2 and I have tried the the X and found I prefer the V2 but it's your decision. Chroma is much better on the V2, and I don't think the X would be smaller.

My favorite restaurant is hooters

I believe the Blackwidow X is built better than the v2. You can’t go wrong with either though, I have the V2 with green switches(not tournament edition) and I love it.

25 minutes ago, Phantonex said:

I believe the Blackwidow X is built better than the v2. You can’t go wrong with either though, I have the V2 with green switches(not tournament edition) and I love it.

Same exact keyboard with you. I just need quieter switches that are still good for typing, so maybe the orange switches. But I don't know. Since the X is cheaper. But the V2 is better in terms of lighting.

Any 84-key thats not razer ... i mean.. what? Imo the tournament if i had to pick.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

Just now, Ashiella said:

Any 84-key thats not razer ... i mean.. what? Imo the tournament if i had to pick.

Which one though? The V2 or the X? I already have multiple razer devices so I want to stay in the ecosystem.

Just now, Alexander H said:

Which one though? The V2 or the X? I already have multiple razer devices so I want to stay in the ecosystem.

The v2 probably, and razer just has low quality products for the price.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

Just now, Ashiella said:

The v2 probably, and razer just has low quality products for the price.

So what would you recommend for a compact keyboard? And with a removable cable?

2 minutes ago, Alexander H said:

So what would you recommend for a compact keyboard? And with a removable cable?

I can recommend good options, but i dont know of any with a removable cable, not that I see any reason to have one either.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, Ashiella said:

I can recommend good options, but i dont know of any with a removable cable, not that I see any reason to have one either.

A 14 year old kid in school. So I need it to be portable. And I don't want to ruin the cable.

1 minute ago, Alexander H said:

A 14 year old kid in school. So I need it to be portable. And I don't want to ruin the cable.

Im a 16 yr old kid in school. BluetoothkeyboardTM. That makes more sense, but if it was a particular concern then everyone would do it.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Ashiella said:

Im a 16 yr old kid in school. BluetoothkeyboardTM. That makes more sense, but if it was a particular concern then everyone would do it.

True...

6 minutes ago, Alexander H said:

True...

http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/page-en/One-TKL-RGB-version/

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Alexander H said:

How much?

About $140 USD or $141 on Amazon.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, Ashiella said:

About $140 USD or $141 on Amazon.

Jeez. I mean, the Razer is about the same.

1 minute ago, Alexander H said:

Jeez. I mean, the Razer is about the same.

Ducky makes some of the best keyboards, and linus would def recommend them over razer

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

Ducky makes some of the best keyboards, and linus would def recommend them over razer

I just really like the lighting :)

Personally I'd avoid Razer's keyboards at all. Get something from Corsair with Cherry switches, not the Razer keyshitsches

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

31 minutes ago, Alexander H said:

I just really like the lighting :)

It has rgb for a reason.

18 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Personally I'd avoid Razer's keyboards at all. Get something from Corsair with Cherry switches, not the Razer keyshitsches

I recommended the Duck One TKL RGB with browns or blues

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

It has rgb for a reason.

I recommended the Duck One TKL RGB with browns or blues

Yeah, that's good too. Personally I prefer the K65 but, whatever

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

She/they 

2 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Yeah, that's good too. Personally I prefer the K65 but, whatever

Its just personal preference, 'ey? I use the strafe rgb personally, but i turn the leds off.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, Ashiella said:

Its just personal preference, 'ey? I use the strafe rgb personally, but i turn the leds off.

Yeah. I can't stand a non-backlit keyboard but again, personal preference, I guess.

She/they 

1 minute ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Yeah. I can't stand a non-backlit keyboard but again, personal preference, I guess.

Same, what would you recommend? I love to type on them, but I get dirty looks from my classmates and I want a tenkeyless keyboard with a removable cable, preferably RGB. And the reason I wanted Razer was because I already own A BlackWidow Chroma v2, Lancehead Tournament Edition, and Mamba Tournament Edition, and Razer Kraken Pro v2. The only exception I have is the Corsair MM300 extended mouse pad, and SteelSeries QcK large mouse pad. I want the feeling of a blue switch, but something that's much quieter.