Mobo for i5-2400?

I own an hp compaq 6200 pro mt

I ordered a gt 1030 gpu to put in it for light gaming

Im note sure if itll work or not but if it doesnt, id like to find  another motherboard where  that card will work and also can use my ddr3 ram and the i5-2400 cpu i have in there ( id buy another psu aswell)

That chip is very old so finding a LGA 1155 board will be difficult. But if you can find one, and find one for a decent price it will work for you. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

any idea  if the  1030 works on that board? Ive heard  conflicting stories  where    the bios  is  not upgradable  and   a  gt 1030 uses  a different  Version of bios to be  recocgnized

10 minutes ago, blitzilla said:

I own an hp compaq 6200 pro mt

I ordered a gt 1030 gpu to put in it for light gaming

Im note sure if itll work or not but if it doesnt, id like to find  another motherboard where  that card will work and also can use my ddr3 ram and the i5-2400 cpu i have in there ( id buy another psu aswell)

that system should work fine if you are installing an Nvidia card. the problem with recommending a different board is the fact that the board you currently have is custom made to fit in your case, so you would have to buy a different one. though, I doubt you will have to.

1 minute ago, blitzilla said:

any idea  if the  1030 works on that board? Ive heard  conflicting stories  where    the bios  is  not upgradable  and   a  gt 1030 uses  a different  Version of bios to be  recocgnized

Yes, you should be just fine with any LGA 1155 board and a GT 1030. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, legacy99 said:

the problem he is refering to is a known issue with hp systems. some won't boot off of proprietary boards like the hp system he is talking about, especially with radeon or ati cards. Though, it will probably work fine. I looked up a few upgrade videos and It looks like it should be supported natively.

Just now, legacy99 said:

Except don't buy a 1030 because it's an overpriced piece of crap. Nobody should ever recommend it. Even a GTX 750 is stronger. Buying a used 750 Ti or 950 locally is much better. You'll get more power for less money. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

Except don't buy a 1030 because it's an overpriced piece of crap. Nobody should ever recommend it. Even a GTX 750 is stronger. Buying a used 750 Ti or 950 locally is much better. You'll get more power for less money. 

while I agree, its not what the OP asked which is better.. maybe hes on a limited budget? I only ever answer the questions presented by the OP instead of telling them dont do A, but B usually. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

I totaly Agree about getting a better  card buts  its  for my sister's son   and  they  are on a  super tight budget, I cant  tell  them to  pay 270$(cdn) for a  1050ti  when its  only  worth  at max  200$,  even my self Im still running   a  650ti  because  gpu price  are  so f@cked  up

3 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

while I agree, its not what the OP asked which is better.. maybe hes on a limited budget? I only ever answer the questions presented by the OP instead of telling them dont do A, but B usually. 

A limited budget is just more reason not to get a 1030. It costs WAY more than it should. 

@blitzilla What country do you live in? The US has apps like OfferUp and letgo which are great for buying used stuff. I recently bought two 750 Ti's for $50US each. They crush the 1030.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

A limited budget is just more reason not to get a 1030. It costs WAY more than it should. 

@blitzilla What country do you live in? The US has apps like OfferUp and letgo which are great for buying used stuff. I recently bought two 750 Ti's for $50US each. 

He has already ordered it according to the original post ^

I did But  I can still cancel  order since it hasnt processed

2 minutes ago, blitzilla said:

I maybe have found a   750TI  for  100$  that  seems  resonable ?  ( a gt 1030 was  135$)

That's better, but make an $85-$90 offer. If the seller insists on $100, still take it. You'll get way better performance. 

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being on a budget. Just spend your money where it's best. I ran a 750 Ti until last April. It handled games pretty well. :)

1 minute ago, blitzilla said:

I maybe have found a   750TI  for  100$  that  seems  resonable ?  ( a gt 1030 was  135$)

that is a good price, if it doesn't have a pci power connector. if it does, you would have to upgrade your psu. here's an idea of the difference in performance: http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-750-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GT-1030/2187vsm283726

6 minutes ago, J400 said:

that is a good price, if it doesn't have a pci power connector. if it does, you would have to upgrade your psu. here's an idea of the difference in performance: http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-750-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GT-1030/2187vsm283726

The 750 Ti traditionally gets all its power from the PCIe slot. Even if he gets a weird one, you can buy a MOLEX to PCIe power adapter cable for like $5. I would be surprised if his power supply didn't include an extra couple of MOLEX cables. 

I dont know much about  PSU, ive heard u cant use a  6 pin connector? in these  hp  psu...  are you saying  theres no 6 pin connector BUT there is some molex  that I cant put adapter on?