lg g6 or samsung galaxy a8

Hey you,

I am debating between getting the samsung galaxy a8 and lg g6. They are both the same price so money isn't the deciding factor. i myself know some pros and cons of both devices. can you guys help and give your opinion?

Samsung galaxy a8

pros: newer (so more likely to receive android updates longer), amoled, 1080p (so gpu doesn't need to work as hard, can be relevant longer), dual front cam

cons: only 1080p, no slow motion on back cam, no dual back cam

lg g6

pros: 1440p, (fake) hdr capable, dual cam on the back with one ois and one eis, slow motion (120fps)

cons: 1440p (gpu more likely to be irrewlevant sooner), no amoled, older (more likely to not get android updates anymore)

these are all the nitpicky problems that i can find about these 2 phones. they both seem good options to me, but i'd like to know your opion as well.

Thanks for the help!!

edit: main use of the phone is normal phone stuff (web browsing and whatsapp) also some light gaming, nothing intensive

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

2 minutes ago, BlitZerWolf2861 said:

Honestly its all up to you and what you want to do with it

sorry, forgot to mention the main usage. i only use the phone for web browsing, some whatsapp and maybe some light gaming

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

1 minute ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

sorry, forgot to mention the main useage. i only use the phone for web browsing, some whatsapp and maybe some light gaming

the lg g6 has many more pros, shock resistance included, other than having lesser storage, which you can increase, i would go for the g6