Is a 240mm rad enough for a CPU?

More specifically a 60mm thick rad. My aim is to keep the CPU at 40-50 degrees at full load. I also want headroom for a future overclock if needed. Is a 240mm rad enough for this? I’m considering the EK-Coolstream XE.

The EK radiator should do the trick, it's also worth mentioning that you'd have an easier time pulling off such low load temps if you went for a 280 or 260mm rad.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

You never specified which CPU. 

Just now, aries757 said:

@Crunchy Dragon wrong forum area, lol

Wow I usually never miss those... Thanks for pointing that out, but in the future it is preferred that you use the report function. (=

-Moved to Liquid and Exotic Cooling-

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

1 minute ago, CyberFern0 said:

Ah, those tend to have dramatic drops with a liquid metal swap, something to look into.

10 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

The EK radiator should do the trick, it's also worth mentioning that you'd have an easier time pulling off such low load temps if you went for a 280 or 260mm rad.

What the heck is a 260mm rad....

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

That’s my line, and also, does it matter?

Just now, Enderman said:

Meant 360...

I'm sick, give me a break you guys xD

@aries757

2 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

That’s my line, and also, does it matter?

I was just kidding, he obviously means 360 :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Meant 360...

I'm sick, give me a break you guys xD

@aries757

Oh ok. I originally was gonna go with that...but that was if I could even find a tg case that could even support 2 360’s. As you can see, I was unsuccessful...?

Oh ok. I originally was gonna go with that...but that was if I could even find a tg case that could even support 2 360’s. As you can see, I was unsuccessful...?

Yeah, TG cases aren't known for high radiator support. Unless you want with one of the Thermaltake View series, those are pretty big.

I want to build a PC/claw machine combination in one someday...

The entire problem is the case. I can’t find one that will work, so I’m trying to compromise. If you guys know any tg cases that can support 2 360’s, please list them.

4 minutes ago, Hollowhalls said:

900D? xD

tower 900

It isn’t tg though...and it’s way overkill.

WHAT?!?! I never knew that the vertical GPU thing was optional in the View Series. That’s the reason that I’ve stayed away from them. It turns it that it is optional. The View 71 is a perfect fit.

tg? gonna have to fill me in on that
and yeah its overkill, so is 2 360's

oh tempered glass

yeah got me on that one.

but the tower 900 is tempered

14 minutes ago, Hollowhalls said:

but the tower 900 is tempered

Still overkill

The View 71, or the core v71 both fit that criteria

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB