Is the Ryzen 5 1600X and Gtx 960 a bottleneck?

I used to run an i3-3220 and A GTX 960 before decided to upgrade my cpu to a Ryzen5 1600X but when I did I saw horrible performance with stuttering and freezeing in every game so I upgraded my ram aswell to two sticks of Corsair vengeance 3000 MHz and it helped quite abit but still I had many issues performance wise so I decided to try lowering my graphics options to low and my games ran fine at 60 FPS. But I never had to do so with my old i3 so I’m wondering is since my new cpu is faster if the gpu is bottlenecking?

Any help would be apreciated.

Ryzen 1600X is much better than the i3-3220 - what you are probably experiencing now is the GPU is struggling as its paired with a better CPU - Ryzen's IPC is roughly ~ Haswell, so you effectively went from that low end i3 to a 5820K

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Nope, have you reinstalled/reset windows or at least 'refreshed' windows (uninstalled inrelavent drivers and reinstalled drivers for new mobo and other stuff I can't remember)? Considering the motherboard was changed (never mind how you went from Intel->AMD), old drivers, settings and what not is most likely conflicting, creating issues. 

For example, when I went form 5820K+X99-S to 1700+MSI B350M mortar arctic, my old windows installed just completely refused to boot. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just looking at facts the i3-3220 is based at Ivy Bridge which has less single core performance then 1600x at the same clockspeed. But the i3-3220 goes to 3,2ghz acording to Intel ARK so i doubt that ryzen is actually a bottelneck.

1 hour ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Nope, have you reinstalled/reset windows or at least 'refreshed' windows (uninstalled inrelavent drivers and reinstalled drivers for new mobo and other stuff I can't remember)? Considering the motherboard was changed (never mind how you went from Intel->AMD), old drivers, settings and what not is most likely conflicting, creating issues. 

For example, when I went form 5820K+X99-S to 1700+MSI B350M mortar arctic, my old windows installed just completely refused to boot. 

Yeah I bought a new m.2 ssd and reinstalled windows on it with all neccesary drivers i didnt see much of a difference

8 hours ago, GhostTaker40 said:

Yeah I bought a new m.2 ssd and reinstalled windows on it with all neccesary drivers i didnt see much of a difference

What are the temperatures like then? Its possible the cooler was installed incorrectly. 

6 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

What are the temperatures like then? Its possible the cooler was installed incorrectly. 

around 50 degrees it says on my NZXT Cam software but heard Ryzen temps were pretty inaccurate. Cooler wise I followed the instructions and everything I’m running a deepcool gammax 400 right now.

2 minutes ago, GhostTaker40 said:

around 50 degrees it says on my NZXT Cam software but heard Ryzen temps were pretty inaccurate. Cooler wise I followed the instructions and everything I’m running a deepcool gammax 400 right now.

Yeah, there used to be a 20C offset for the 1800X, 1700X and 1600X (so the stock cooler would use a more aggressive fan curve). 
Anyway, so the CPU temps are fine and its not a 'reusing' windows install, have you tried reinstalling your graphics drivers? A borked driver install for the graphics card could lead to stuttering, crashing, basically any issues you can think up for the GPU.

On a side note, use a tool called Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to uninstall the GPU drivers, it completely removes the current install, to make sure it doesn't affect future installs. 

3 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Yeah, there used to be a 20C offset for the 1800X, 1700X and 1600X (so the stock cooler would use a more aggressive fan curve). 
Anyway, so the CPU temps are fine and its not a 'reusing' windows install, have you tried reinstalling your graphics drivers? A borked driver install for the graphics card could lead to stuttering, crashing, basically any issues you can think up for the GPU.

On a side note, use a tool called Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to uninstall the GPU drivers, it completely removes the current install, to make sure it doesn't affect future installs. 

When I reinstalled windows I also completely reinstalled the driver for nvidia drivers and I doubt they got borked both times I installed it.

11 minutes ago, GhostTaker40 said:

When I reinstalled windows I also completely reinstalled the driver for nvidia drivers and I doubt they got borked both times I installed it.

So how many times have you installed the GPU drivers since the windows reinstall? If its once, try reinstalling, if its twice then its something else I dunno. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

So how many times have you installed the GPU drivers since the windows reinstall? If its once, try reinstalling, if its twice then its something else I dunno. 

alright ill reinstall them and try again since I only did once since i moved to the ssd 

Make sure too, if you haven't already that you install the latest chipset drivers from the AMD website and fine tune your BIOS settings. For example, disable HPET, raise the SOC voltage to 1.15 or so (as overclocking RAM is pretty much a must and this setting can really help with that), and disable gear down mode.

Also, BIOS update.  Ryzen boards went through tons of BIOS revisions over a short time, and many updates improved performance.

3 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Also, BIOS update.  Ryzen boards went through tons of BIOS revisions over a short time, and many updates improved performance.

I did do a bios update all the way until they releasing the bios update for the new apus then i stopped cause i didn't think there was a point

11 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

Make sure too, if you haven't already that you install the latest chipset drivers from the AMD website and fine tune your BIOS settings. For example, disable HPET, raise the SOC voltage to 1.15 or so (as overclocking RAM is pretty much a must and this setting can really help with that), and disable gear down mode.

I did see forums of theese settings helping with these but when i tryed going into my bios i didnt see these settings my board is a gigabyte AB350 Gaming. Do you know where these settings should be under.

You dont have to install each BIOS update, they are not cumulative.  Just install the newest one.

Also, they are still doing memory tuning for ryzen, the newest BIOS will likely still have code updates for OG Ryzen.

1 minute ago, KarathKasun said:

You dont have to install each BIOS update, they are not cumulative.  Just install the newest one.

Also, they are still doing memory tuning for ryzen, the newest BIOS will likely still have code updates for OG Ryzen.

alright ill try doing that but i think this is more of graphics card issue since games seem to run OK once there on the lowest settings 

Total system memory amount?  Saw the speed mentioned, but not the capacity.

two 8 gb sticks so 16gb

Have you set the power profiles to maximum performance in Windows and the NV control panel?

Have you set the power profiles to maximum performance in Windows and the NV control panel?

I have set it to maximum performance in the windows control panel but not in the nvidia control panel which settings would that be under

Its called "power management mode" under "manage 3D settings".  It should be set to prefer maximum performance.

2 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Its called "power management mode" under "manage 3D settings".  It should be set to prefer maximum performance.

Yeah it was power conservation or whatever i just changed it to max performance ill test it out now.