server inhome streaming?

so I've got an old server with windows server 2003 (old one from my dad's company) and I would like to make it some kind of in-home streaming device with like a steam link. It has 2 Xeon's with 12 cores I think and I taught maybe put another os on it or virtualize it or something like that and put more than one pc on it so I can put some little computers over my house that can connect with it and then use it's power to do anything. then put 1 graphics card in it to game on with a monitor there or on a steam link to play light games in another room with the family.

can you help on how to do this

Thank you in advance,
Coolxm

it is an older server that i want to put a gpu in so i can virtualize that one for the gaming system and then another machine to do more cpu heavy work that i  can acces from all over the internet

15 minutes ago, coolxm said:

it is an older server that i want to put a gpu in so i can virtualize that one for the gaming system and then another machine to do more cpu heavy work that i  can acces from all over the internet

What Server? Whats the model?

Does it have vt-d?

i dont know the model, as i said the server is an old one of my dad and what is vt-d

1 hour ago, coolxm said:

i dont know the model, as i said the server is an old one of my dad and what is vt-d

The model really helps here in knowing what it can do.

VT-d is the cpu extention needed to do gpu passthrough.

The front or rear of the server should have a model. Honestly you could just take a picture and pretty sure we could figure it out.

If you go to system properties (Right Click My Computer > Properties) what is the processor it is using? That will at least give us a generation. 6 cores sounds like it could possibly be 2009-ish, maybe on a 1366 socket which is worth it to keep.

I lost the password of it but I wanted to wipe the os anyway

20180317_093900.jpg

20180317_093921.jpg

20180317_093933.jpg

20180317_093906.jpg

25 minutes ago, coolxm said:

is someone still here?

That system is very old. Its basically useless.

you can't put a gpu in it as it doesn't have a pcie slot.

oh ok thank you for your help i will look in buying somthingelse then i gues

With 12 cores (if that is right.) You could alternatively use it as media server with some new hard drives. Check around on your options.

5 hours ago, AbsoluteFool said:

With 12 cores (if that is right.) You could alternatively use it as media server with some new hard drives. Check around on your options.

One thing to note is this weill chug power. Think about 300w idle, so about 300 a year on average.

it lso really isnt that fast and will be about the same as a modern pentium in multithreaded tasks