Phone Recommendations?

Longshot

Hi!

I'm looking for a new phone and was wondering if I could get some recommendations?

Musts of the phone:

Headphone jack

Really long battery

Finger print scanner

I'm currently with the Nexus 6P since December of 2015

Thanks alot!!!!

Budget option would be the moto g5+. 

But as you didnt give any budget indication, you could just as well get a s8+, s9+, google pixel xl, lg g6, lg v30 or whatever.

LG V30, Samsung S9/+, Note 8

Everyone else is a blind Apple follower.

For a stupidly long batterylife there is this chinese thing.

It might also be usefull to add a budget or you will get $1000+ recomendations 

(Or if you want something like it dont bother)

I personally use a lg g6 wich gets me trough a day with ease sometimes 1.5 days with medium to high use

My vote goes for the Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom, or possibly the Asus Zenfone 5 Max. The latter isn't out yet so we don't have a full spec list, but the former is one of the best battery life phones you'll find. It also has a much fuller accompaniment of bands, so you don't have to worry about compatibility with your network, though you should still check to make sure it's fine.

19 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

LG V30, Samsung S9/+, Note 8

Everyone else is a blind Apple follower.

That statement simply isn't true.

8 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

If you are on a GSM carrier, consider the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

Just like the latest iPhones it has sdcard slot, headphone jack, fingerprint, pathetic 4000mAh battery, measly 6GB of RAM and lack of screen camera notch.

Oh and eight Kryo cores in its outdated SD626 chipset, all for the exorbitant price of about $220

You should make note that it doesn't have bands for every network, so it might not be suitable for them.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Huawei Mate 10? Not Mate 10 Pro.

Headphone jack  ☑

Really long battery  ☑

Finger print scanner  ☑

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

6 hours ago, dizmo said:

My vote goes for the Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom, or possibly the Asus Zenfone 5 Max. The latter isn't out yet so we don't have a full spec list, but the former is one of the best battery life phones you'll find. It also has a much fuller accompaniment of bands, so you don't have to worry about compatibility with your network, though you should still check to make sure it's fine.

That statement simply isn't true.

You should make note that it doesn't have bands for every network, so it might not be suitable for them.

The Xiaomi Mi A1 and Redmi Note 5 phones are interesting because they support bands that most Chinese phones don’t. Just keep an eye out for global editions. But you still have to do your research nonetheless.

1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

The Xiaomi Mi A1 and Redmi Note 5 phones are interesting because they support bands that most Chinese phones don’t. Just keep an eye out for global editions. But you still have to do your research nonetheless.

Most of the time the "global" editionst cover maybe one or two North American bands. They should really be called EU versions.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

20 hours ago, karsnoordhuis said:

For a stupidly long batterylife there is this chinese thing.

It might also be usefull to add a budget or you will get $1000+ recomendations 

(Or if you want something like it dont bother)

I personally use a lg g6 wich gets me trough a day with ease sometimes 1.5 days with medium to high use

Lmao, I have an Oukitel K4000 lying around somewhere that I bought so I could play Pokemon GO. Wouldn't recommend, connection kept dropping and I had to turn airplane mode off and on again to fix. Happened at least 5 times a day.

its called the solar system because our sun is called sol

13 hours ago, dizmo said:

Most of the time the "global" editionst cover maybe one or two North American bands. They should really be called EU versions.

And that’s OK. I was using a Zuk Z2 in Canada for 1 year. It didn’t have all the required bands. So I had 4G without LTE. The data speeds were still plenty fast. 

You just never know until you hold the phone. 

Hold on a minute! 

I am looking at the Nexus 6p specs and they’re pretty beefy. A Snapdragon 810 is very respectable. And the build and camera are awesome. 

Recommending something like a Xiaomi Redmi 5 Pro...Is that really an upgrade? These are budget phones.

1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

And that’s OK. I was using a Zuk Z2 in Canada for 1 year. It didn’t have all the required bands. So I had 4G without LTE. The data speeds were still plenty fast. 

You just never know until you hold the phone. 

Yes and no. Might work for you where you are now, but every area doesn't get all of a companies bands. So, it's possible that it simply won't work for everyone. Also, IIRC LTE has faster speeds if the network is saturated. Again, might not affect you where you are now, but could affect others. Also, if the phone only supports higher bands like 2600mhz, then you lose out on penetration and your phone could be useless in certain areas.

Yes, you do know even without holding the phone. That's why there's spec sheets.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler