any help for my broken pc

hi , 

m from india ,

any help wud do,

my rig - msi 970 mobo, gtx 970 gcard , amd fx 6300 cpu, 8 gp ram , and cooler master mid tower with 2 fans

PROBLEM - my pc automatically shuts down while i play games, 

I cleaned my pc recently and my temps of CPU and GPU are great, still it shuts down ( temp (cpu under 45) ( gpu under 60 on load) )

I run the fans of GPU at 100% all the time.....

I CHANGED THE THERMAL PASTE OF CPU AND GPU RECENTLY ...........

I dunno wat is the problem , PLEASE HELP ME OUT

to memtest86_ 

i run the windows memory diagnostic tool time to time ,

i doesnt show any errors, shud i run memtest86 that u suggested??

and my power supply is corsair 650 and no i dont overclock my GPU , i underclock it sometimes

I would also try a different powersupply - it sounds like it can't handle the load anymore.

Anyone above 450W should actually do fine.

Maybe you could explain how your PC crashes, do you get a bluescreen or does it just go black?

to Erdogoat_

my power supply is 650W , and it crashes while i play games like shadow of war dota 2 or any other game ,

but i dont crashes while i play cuphead , it can go on for hours,

also i get sudden black screen , and my power button blips on and off till i shuts off my main power

I've seen this before, the power supply is failing.

Borrow one from a friend, or a computer shop and test.

You could also try a different game, if it fails with the other game, then chances are it's the power supply.

If the other game runs fine, then perhaps the original game is somehow buggy and needs to be either patched or re-installed

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

to Radium_Angel_

thnx bro , i will try it , 

my ALL games are perfectly installed , 

do u think can it be my hard disk that fails ??

after the every sudden pc shut down i lose all my save files of cod 2 and shadow of war and i have to play it again from the start

Your symptoms do not match with a harddrive fail. If your harddrive oder memory fails you should normally get error messages. An instant shutdown really screams powersupply.

I don't know how those games handle the savegames but you should lose all the data that is in your ram when the PC fails.

Btw there are some great tools for checking the state of your harddrive if you are concerned about it. Most manufacturers like WD or Seagate even offer their own ones.

to Erdogoat_

thx man i will try that , 

also while i play games i run them at full graphics till my rig supports it , and evrything seems to be working fine , 

i get 60 fps in most new games , and CPU and GPU runs at very good temp ... but still after 5 or 10 mins my pc turns off ,

I try to lower my CPU power to 40% only and underclock my GPU just a little bit , then my games runs about 15 - 20 mins.. then it shuts down

35 minutes ago, help my pc is broken said:

to Erdogoat_

thx man i will try that , 

also while i play games i run them at full graphics till my rig supports it , and evrything seems to be working fine , 

i get 60 fps in most new games , and CPU and GPU runs at very good temp ... but still after 5 or 10 mins my pc turns off ,

I try to lower my CPU power to 40% only and underclock my GPU just a little bit , then my games runs about 15 - 20 mins.. then it shuts down

Honestly, it just sounds like overheating. I am not going to guess what, but as you use your computer more intensely, whatever it is can't keep up, the system shuts down in order to not burn out. 

I would not 100% trust the Temps you are reading as you may not see the spike before the crash. 

How do you know the Temps are great? What is reporting the temperature to you? Is it an external box, or just a program? 

If possible, try a laser temp Guage that you can point at the board while running, see if it compares. 

Another test, run the game in low settings, does it last longer than high? 

You may have an issue with the paste on your GPU since it is occurring during gaming. 

I don't know what kind of access to parts you have, but I would swap out the GPU with any other as a test, if you can borrow one, I'd wager your problem will go away. (said I wasn't going to guess, but there it is). 

to NovaNightmare_

hello brother and thnx for ur time ,

i use CORETEMP for my CPU temp ( CPU temp 22-35 idle 30-45 while playing games )

i use msi afterburner for my GPU temp ( gpu temp 34-42 idle , 40-60 while playing )

some one jst now told me to check windows evet viewer and it said kernel power error, under critical tab

i really think its my psu failing , it is 2 and a half years old , 

AND i recently changed my GPU thermal paste, 

m telling u my CPU and GPU are working fine to my knowledge

but as u said while i play on lower graphics on lower CPU and GPU power my game lasts about 5-20 min longer

3 hours ago, help my pc is broken said:

to NovaNightmare_

i use CORETEMP for my CPU temp ( CPU temp 22-35 idle 30-45 while playing games )

i use msi afterburner for my GPU temp ( gpu temp 34-42 idle , 40-60 while playing )

some one jst now told me to check windows evet viewer and it said kernel power error, under critical tab

but as u said while i play on lower graphics on lower CPU and GPU power my game lasts about 5-20 min longer

The error in my experience is not telling you that much, essentially the system shutdown. The OS can't tell you anything about the PSU failing because the PSU doesn't speak to the OS, so that error is just the point where something happens. 

You might look at the BIOS and find an event log with more information. 

As far as the temp monitoring, it will report a good temperature until the computer shuts itself off, and may never capture the excessive temp. 

So, check for a bios event log. 

However, when you need to debug something, be sure to go with the simplest solution first. 

You messed with the GPU, for whatever reason (I assume to overclock). You are now having crashes when you game, faster with a higher load (settings). The logical choice is you screwed something up with the GPU. 

It could be simple (if you are over clocking, stop). Or it could be serious, such as not properly grounding yourself against and ESD discharge on the card when you took it apart. 

Let me give you another quick test, open your case, put an actual fan in front of it and set it to max, try and game. Low settings, high settings, etc. Is there any difference? 

I would not normally recommend that, as the more you crash windows the more likely something will screw up. 

If possible, swap the graphics card for a few minutes. If it still crashes, try the PSU. 

20 hours ago, Erdogoat said:

Btw there are some great tools for checking the state of your harddrive if you are concerned about it. Most manufacturers like WD or Seagate even offer their own ones.

@help my pc is broken

Like Erdogoat mentioned, we have a free diagnostic utility for testing your hard drives, ours is called SeaTools. For the most thorough results (although it will take longer), we suggest running a Long Generic test.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

i checked the event viewer yesterday ,
and it had 18 things under critical tab ,

it means my pc shut down 18 times in the last 7 days,
all saying Kernel-Power event ID(41) task category (63)........

57 minutes ago, help my pc is broken said:

i checked the event viewer yesterday ,
and it had 18 things under critical tab ,

it means my pc shut down 18 times in the last 7 days,
all saying Kernel-Power event ID(41) task category (63)........

Again, this is not telling you what is causing your shutdown, only the system shutdown.

If you go into the BIOS, you may have an event viewer there, which can give you some other information. The BIOS event viewer should not talk about anything to do with the kernel, as that is part of the OS. 

Honestly, it will be easier to swap out parts and see what works. You are wasting time if you will not do that. All of the other stuff being mentioned will help you narrow it down if you do not have access to additional parts.

hello NovaNightmare_

also sorry that i didnt mention this........

that after my pc shuts down , my power button on my case flashes until i switch off the main power ...

i read the same problem with some guy on msi, it SAID 

I got a hold of a Thermaltake 1500W PSU and tried again. Same problem. I had read in a few of the threads some people believed that there was some thermal problem with the VRM's on these boards and using 8 core processors, so I hung a 172mm Nidec TA600DC on the side of my case pointed at the VRM/CPU/Northbridge area and so far no problems. Finished a 4 hour session in Fallout 4 with no crashes. This seemed to have even helped my GPU temps, my case is a Enermax Fulmo and really doesn't have very good air flow.

shud i try this , 

it looks like my exact problem.................

22 hours ago, help my pc is broken said:

to NovaNightmare_

Are you sure your CPU is not overclocked? An unstable overclock can also be listed as a Kernel Power Error. Essentially anything that causes the system to shutdown or restart unexpectedly (i.e. Windows doesn't shut down cleanly) would be classified as a Kernel Power Error.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

no,

m reading on the internet about mobo failures,

not a long time ago , i checked my computer to my local store,

and they SAID that my mobo is leaking oil,

cud dat be my problem?

and i run all things on stock , nothing is overclocked

m just a rookie , 
i opened up my case and saw that my psu/smps fan is not working or spinning even when i play games ,

cud this be my problem?????

m just a rookie , 
i opened up my case and saw that my psu/smps fan is not working or spinning even when i play games ,

no,

m reading on the internet about mobo failures,

not a long time ago , i checked my computer to my local store,

and they SAID that my mobo is leaking oil,

cud dat be my problem?

and i run all things on stock , nothing is overclocked

I've tried to help you a couple times, but I have nothing to add unless you swap components. 

Every time I read something you say I am flabbergasted and I don't quite know if your serious or what.

This could be a great troll, or you can simply be in over your head.

Swap components, test.

Leaking oil? Really? Is that why you "cleaned" it? How did you clean it?

If the oil looks red, have the demons exorcised from your PC and set it on fire.

Did the local store perform the cleaning and the thermal paste on the CPU and GPU?

Why did you ever do that to begin with? We all have to start somewhere, but you have got to just stop telling us the same thing 

and proceed with some of the steps here.

Check Bios event logs (also called System log), swap GPU, swap PSU. 

Based on the information given, I can't even guesstimate anything more.

Someone mentioned checking for bulging capacitors and the like, but I don't think that's going to get you anywhere, because component swapping will lead down that path anyway (replace the mobo if no change after swapping other parts)

Last thing I am going to mention, unless you come back having done some of these other things, the fan on the PSU will run if the PSU is hot enough to need it, if the PSU has an eco mode switch, and it is ON. If the eco mode switch is off, then you will see it always running.

5 hours ago, help my pc is broken said:

m just a rookie , 

I guarantee it’s your PSU. Check out a new one by swapping it and then your problem will be solved. Order one online—if it’s not the solution return it, simple.