Laptop for school and light video editing

What is a good laptop that is portable has a long battery life, is not to crazy in industrial design and can do some light video editing ie 1080p content in 3-4 minute clips

1 hour ago, Crayfishian said:

What is a good laptop that is portable has a long battery life, is not to crazy in industrial design and can do some light video editing ie 1080p content in 3-4 minute clips

Intel 8th gen i5 is a way to go for you, get one with mx15 In Latvia you can get one for 600 eur

Dell Inspirons are always a cheap option with a lot of power packed in. They do weigh some more than other laptops as they have some strong plastic to make it handle rough handling.

No laptop will get you 3-4 mins 1080p rendering. And by this you have nothing to compare it to so I'm assuming the coveted 1min/1min 1080p real time rendering. 

The Dell Inspiron 15.6" Full HD IPS Gaming Notebook Intel Core i5-7300HQ 2.50GHz is on eBay for 789$ with a 256GB NVME and a GTX 1060 6GB. Since I don't think I can post eBay links that's the actual title of the item.

Budget? Could you provide some links if online stores in your country?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

anything with an 8th gen processor is god. Idk how snapdragons are at videoediting seing as those are soon coming. the only thing to look out for is, size, display and so fourth. There are a pletra of pc`s for you to select.

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

anything with an 8th gen processor is god. Idk how snapdragons are at videoediting seing as those are soon coming. the only thing to look out for is, size, display and so fourth. There are a pletra of pc`s for you to select.

I disagree with you. Build quality and battery life are the most important things IMO. Not every laptop models is good. Always read reviews first before buying a laptop

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

5 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

I disagree with you. Build quality and battery life are the most important things IMO. Not every laptop models is good. Always read reviews first before buying a laptop

thats why i said "and so fourth". there are other things, but they were to many for me to mention at that time. Battery is also one of my concernes once im gonna swap out my laptop, and not to mention i wait to see if the model of laptop has a good reputation or not. 

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Crayfishian said:

It needs to be reasonably light

On 3/15/2018 at 7:41 AM, ZM Fong said:

Budget? Could you provide some links if online stores in your country?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Crayfishian said:

look for prices in aud

What's your budget in AUD?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

All wtih good display, good build quality, good battery life, portable and 8250U+MX150 (8W):

Lenovo Thinkpad T480 (need to wait for sale)

Lenovo Ideapad 720 15

Asus Zenbook UX430UN

HP Envy 13

Edited by ZM Fong

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

I would prefer to have a thunderbolt 3 port just to be future proof