Help, how much of this is BS?

Damascus

Pure BS made for those who are paranoid.  Even if there was an issue with radio frequencies causing problems to human's, the wifi router in your home is the least of your concerns.  This is how people get on the path to living in the radio dead zone (spot of land in US where no radio transmissions are allowed, for the use of radio telescopes).

I can say with all honesty that any potential physical gains of a low radiation device is negated 10 fold by the negative mental health issues that come along with being afraid of electromagnetic transmissions.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

Just now, Psittac said:

Pure BS made for those who are paranoid.  Even if there was an issue with radio frequencies causing problems to human's, the wifi router in your home is the least of your concerns.  This is how people get on the path to living in the radio dead zone (spot of land in US where no radio transmissions are allowed, for the use of radio telescopes).

I can say with all honesty that any potential physical gains of a low radiation device is negated 10 fold by the negative mental health issues that come along with being afraid of electromagnetic transmissions.

Easy fix, just line the wall of your abode with tin foil.  Oh, and don't forget the tin foil hat too.

3 minutes ago, Psittac said:

I need exact responses to the especially bits if possible.  Thanks for assuring me I'm not crazy though

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

4 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Easy fix, just line the wall of your abode with tin foil.  Oh, and don't forget the tin foil hat too.

Lol, honestly wouldn't be surprised if I was asked to set up a faraday cage around the house.

I have dealt with severe mental illness for many years and I'm over it, still emotionally riled but not schizophrenic any more.  So I have a crazy-dar and can sniff these kind of thing's out.  At one point I hot glued several components on my motherboard because I was afraid that the hackers were gaining network access to my computer even when it wasn't hooked to a network.  Paranoia is a dirty bitch and that's EXACTLY what this device exploits.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

All BS aside, there actually is a Radio Free Zone in the United States.  First heard about it when flying for the 3rd Airborne Command and Control Squadron out of Grissom AFB, Indiana.

The National Radio Quiet Zone (NRQZ) is a large area of land in the United States designated as a radio quiet zone, in which radio transmissions are heavily restricted by law to facilitate scientific research and military intelligence. It is located in the states of West Virginia, Virginia, and a small part of Maryland.

5 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

don't forget the tin foil hat too.

Towards the end of this video Linus talks about how the wifi and cellular radiation being strong and harmful is a load of bull

Currently majoring in computer networking. That's about it yeah. Not much goes on in my life.

Be sure to quote me if you want me to reply!

2 minutes ago, Damascus said:

I need exact responses to the especially bits if possible.  Thanks for assuring me I'm not crazy though

With paranoia you can't address specific's because the subject's ability to make thing's up which they can then fear is always more powerful than any rational debunking of their focus for paranoia.

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Lol, honestly wouldn't be surprised if I was asked to set up a faraday cage around the house.

You could pull a stunt like the Johnny Depp special from the movie Transcendence.  Have a good time though hunting down the copper plated fence though.

Just now, Psittac said:

With paranoia you can't address specific's because the subject's ability to make thing's up which they can then fear is always more powerful than any rational debunking of their focus for paranoia.

Yeah... I'll probably wind up leaving this one alone.

huh????

2 minutes ago, kagarium said:

Towards the end of this video Linus talks about how the wifi and cellular radiation being strong and harmful is a load of bull

Yep.  I'm quite aware, I'm talking more about the so-called technical specs (10mhz is apparently normal wifi speed)

2 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

All BS aside, there actually is a Radio Free Zone in the United States.  First heard about it when flying for the 3rd Airborne Command and Control Squadron out of Grissom AFB, Indiana.

The National Radio Quiet Zone (NRQZ) is a large area of land in the United States designated as a radio quiet zone, in which radio transmissions are heavily restricted by law to facilitate scientific research and military intelligence. It is located in the states of West Virginia, Virginia, and a small part of Maryland.

May pass that along.

Just now, kb5zue said:

huh????

Entirely true. this stuff is really hard to deal with.

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Yeah... I'll probably wind up leaving this one alone.

The only thing you can do for a paranoid person is care about them and understand there is nothing you can do for them short of being present and show your concern.  If it get's bad enough you have to let go and believe in a higher power.  You don't have to believe in god, but showing that you care is the most important thing, so long as you understand that even if you give all the effort you can muster, it won't be enough.

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

Just now, Psittac said:

The only thing you can do for a paranoid person is care about them and understand there is nothing you can do for them short of being present and show your concern.  If it get's bad enough you have to let go and believe in a higher power.  You don't have to believe in god, but showing that you care is the most important thing, so long as you understand that even if you give all the effort you can muster, it won't be enough.

Whelp, relatively good answer.  I may point out that radio free zone exists in the future.

Honestly this person need's counseling and medication, I've spent 16-18 years dealing with schizophrenia and I'm finally symptom free-ish.  A huge thing was medication but honestly it's a tool that needs to be used.  When this person is ready for help they should get it, until they are ready there is nothing that can be done.  I didn't tell my doctors the symptoms I had for years because I wasn't ready, also I would have been given a ton of meds to deal with it and I didn't want that.  A few months ago they bumped my main med up one level, which I had started 2-4 years ago and slowly worked up on, and this last increase was perfect.  I have a sense of well being-ish and it's a welcome change.

My point is, it's a long road and you need help, but until you can accept help, no one can assist.

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

/end fortune cookie

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

Honestly this person need's counseling and medication, I've spent 16-18 years dealing with schizophrenia and I'm finally symptom free-ish.  A huge thing was medication but honestly it's a tool that needs to be used.  When this person is ready for help they should get it, until they are ready there is nothing that can be done.  I didn't tell my doctors the symptoms I had for years because I wasn't ready, also I would have been given a ton of meds to deal with it and I didn't want that.  A few months ago they bumped my main med up one level, which I had started 2-4 years ago and slowly worked up on, and this last increase was perfect.  I have a sense of well being-ish and it's a welcome change.

My point is, it's a long road and you need help, but until you can accept help, no one can assist.

Not exactly at that point, this is more of a "a person told me this works so I'm going to trust them" situation than extreme paranoia

Microwaves (the type of signal that WiFi uses) are non-ionizing radiation so they can't cause cancer to begin with, plus WiFi uses such an obscenely low amount of power in transmission that it can't cause physical damage either. You get exponentially more radiation from sunlight than you would WiFi, sunlight being around 1 kilowatt/m2 (kW/m2) of radiation including ionizing radiation compared to max 100 milliwatts (mW) at the router antennae (it drops very quickly over distance, down to .000001 mW or less at max range). It would take years for the radiation from WiFi to even come close to the amount of radiation you receive in a single day from sunlight.

EDIT: To expand, the amount of radiation received from standing 5m from a router for a year is equivalent to the amount of radiation you receive from one minute of sunbathing.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

I was just about to post what DeadEyePsycho said. Am electrical engineer. 

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

11 hours ago, Damascus said:

A family member seems to think this works, I'm not familiar enough with networking to do anything other than smell BS

https://www.electricsense.com/11779/eco-wifi-low-radiation-router/

Would appreciate any and all info.

So it's entirely possible that their claims about a Router that has a low radiation output is correct.

But who cares?

Let me explain. "Radiation" is a word that most people actually have no idea what it means.

"Radiation", really means "The Electromagnetic Spectrum".

So that sound scary too, right? Well, kind of. The Electromagnetic Spectrum is a bunch of different things, including Visible Light, Infra Red, Ultraviolet, Microwaves, Radio waves, etc.

So here's the important thing: Radio, which is the frequency spectrum that WIFI uses, is non-ionizing. What does that mean? Basically it means that the radiation (radio wave) doesn't have enough energy at the quantum level to knock off an electron (or "ionize" the molecule).

This means it's not powerful enough to damage your DNA, thus, it is unable to cause cancer.

Ionizing radiation, on the other hand, is stuff like Gamma Rays, and will kill you dead in sufficient quantities. Oh, and give you cancer.

So it's important to know the difference between Ionizing, and Non-ionizing.

TL;DR, there are no adverse health effects of WIFI.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)