Gtx 780 vs 780 ti

Arthur52

Hey,guys,here is the question.Im gonna to build a new PC but i have some problems.I want to buy a graphic card for a comfortable modding of games like Skyrim.I want to buy gtx 780 or 780 ti.So what should I buy?If I'll buy gtx780 I will save some money,but gtx780ti is the best video card now.So what's more suitable for modding games?gtx 780 is suitable enough but gtx 780 ti can give better result.And in the end I want to the final question.What mother board should I buy for gtx 780 or 780ti?

Thanks in advance

Look at benchmark results of both cards and decide yourself if spending the extra money for the extra performance.
Picking out the mobo you need to shop according to your CPU

If you want the better card for the money then the GTX 780 is the better choice but if you have the budget, get a EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked w/ACX Cooler. The 780Ti is the fastest gaming card on the market right now. Personally, I don't think it's worth the price hike but if you have the money then drop it like it's hot!

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans

The GTX 780 has better price/performance ratio than the 780 Ti but if you like the best performance regardless of the price, than 780 Ti will the be the way to go.

As for the motherboard, it will have to depend on your usages.

Are you planning to overclock? If yes, then any Z87 board will do depending on the features you want unless you want to overclock to the maximum.

Are you planning to SLI? If yes, also any Z87 board with enough clearance will do.

Will it be a workstation? If yes, then you might want to consider LGA 2011 boards but if you find it too expensive, a Z87 board with an i7 processor will do.

If you regard my facts as wrong, feel free to rectify it.

——————————————————————————

If you regard my opinions as wrong, feel free to ignore it.

Are you playing on a 1080p monitor or a 1440p  / willing to upgrade to a 1440p or 4k in the future?  if so pick a 780ti also are you going to overclock your gpu? ( i see no reason why not to but still worth asking).

if you're just planning on staying on 1080p for a while go for the 780 the 780ti is a bit too overkill for 1080p in my opinion.

290 for the vram and memory bus.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

290 for the vram and memory bus.

No.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Lol what?

No.

Why not?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.