1 pc to connect to 3 display at 3 different room

williamyeow

hi, 

I am moving to a new house soon and in my mind i would like to do the following set up but have no idea if it is even possible or not. 

My dream set up

1) My rig will be at the ground level computer room and will it should be connected to a ultrawide monitor screen, waiting for asus rog pg35vq to be out. 

2) The room above the computer room, i would be installing a 4k projector and hope that i can be connected to my rig as well to stream netflix, youtube or simple gaming

3) Connect my TV in the living room to the computer as well so if i am too lazy to set up the projector i can just watch the movie or game in the living room. 

do i need some special swtich/hub or just screen mirroring will do? but if that is the case, the ultrawide monitor screen would pretty much affect everything? 

Cluess..... 

For the beamer you probably need some sort of physical connection to your PC.

As for the TV, if it's a Samsung smart TV you can try the Steam Link app (and turn off the dashboard if you want to just stream the desktop). Or buy a Steam Link box (more wiring though and limited to 1080p).

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

This also sounds pretty simple as long as you can run cables to each device. It might be worth looking into use a HDMI over ethernet adaptor for longer cable runs. You'd also need a way of controlling the machine in each of the other rooms, a good wireless keyboard and mouse should work. With all of that, you would just need to disable the screen your not using and enable the one you are when you swap display as they'll all have different resolutions. I'd recommend displayfusion for this as you can save monitor profiles for each display you want active.

Hope that helps

I ilke trains.