EA is being sued for Battlefield 4 by investors

joppetie

An American law firm has sued EA on behalf of investors who bought EA stock.

According to the lawyers, EA has lied about Battlefield 4, to stimulate the sale of the game.

In the charge, in which some EA top-people like Peter Moore and Andrew Wilson are called by name,

it is stated that Electronic Arts would have known of the all the bugs in Battlefield 4 before launch.

The publisher would have lied about the problems and the quality of the game.

The lawyers are suing EA on behalf of Ryan Kelly en possibly other investors who have bought EA-stock between July 24th and December 4th.

This makes the charge the beginning of a class action lawsuit against EA, reports Gamasutra.

The lawyers have collected numerous quotes from EA employees in which the Quality of Battlefield 4 has been praised.

After the release of the game, it was soon apparent that all versions of the game had major issues.

There were problems with the frame rate, connection issues and many more, and this caused a lot of fuss.

This caused EA's stock to plummet, but according to the lawyers this is not the whole story yet.

After Battlefield 4 was released, EA shoved as many employees to the "Battlefield 4 section" to work on the problems as they could.

EA also delayed the DLC for the game in order to get more time to work on all the problems.

The lawyers say that these measures have decreased EA's financial perspective for the coming quarters.

In the charge is stated that EA top-people have sold stock just before the release of Battlefield 4, 

which, according to the lawyers, indicates that EA knew that the game had major issues.

Andrew Wilson would have sold 40,000 shares just before release day, and thus just before the stock plummeting.

The lawfirm responsible for the lawsuit is lawfirm Robbins, Geller, Rudman & Dowd want to get EA to pay the investors articulated damage.

Gamasutra has asked EA what they think, and they responded by telling that they don't thing that the lawsuit is going to accomplish anything.

According to John Reseburg, EA's leading man when it comes to company communication, EA is planning to defend itself "aggressively" in the courtroom.

Reseburg states that he has confidence that the judge will reject the charge.

-EDIT: I see that someone was too fast for me, but in my defense, when I started writing there was no other post about this yet.

Source: http://tweakers.net/nieuws/93273/investeerders-dagen-ea-voor-de-rechter-om-battlefield-4.html (Be warned, it's in Dutch)

Intel Core i7-3770k @4.4GHz. 1.170V - Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB (2x4) G.Skill RipjawsX @1866 MHz. CL8 - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H - Samsung 840 250GB - XFX HD7970 DD GHz. @1125MHz - CM 690 II - Seagate Barracuda 2TB + WD RED 3TB - Corsair RM750X

FiiO E10 - Sennheiser HD 598 - Edifier R1600T - Sony MHC-EX50 - Razer Blackwidow Ulitmate 2013 - Razer Deathadder 2013 - LG IPS237L - Dell P2314H - Philips 237EQPH - LG 47LB561V

LG G2 - HP Spectre X360 - Audio Technica ATH-M50X - Sennheiser IE 60

this is better so yea....

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Damnit! When I started writing this, there was no other post about it!

Intel Core i7-3770k @4.4GHz. 1.170V - Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB (2x4) G.Skill RipjawsX @1866 MHz. CL8 - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H - Samsung 840 250GB - XFX HD7970 DD GHz. @1125MHz - CM 690 II - Seagate Barracuda 2TB + WD RED 3TB - Corsair RM750X

FiiO E10 - Sennheiser HD 598 - Edifier R1600T - Sony MHC-EX50 - Razer Blackwidow Ulitmate 2013 - Razer Deathadder 2013 - LG IPS237L - Dell P2314H - Philips 237EQPH - LG 47LB561V

LG G2 - HP Spectre X360 - Audio Technica ATH-M50X - Sennheiser IE 60

That wasn't even the first one. There have been like 5 threads about this so far.

That doesn't mean you can just discredit the original

true... but ^^^

and yeah I would agree :)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Yes! DOWN WITH EA!

No seriously, I hope they get torn to pieces.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

There was a thread about this before you and the one you mentioned before you, can't find it tho

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)