Can I run my laptop without screen to TV via HDMI with screen detached?

shubc30

Hi, I have a asus laptop, touch screen, and some days ago the screen broke and display is flickering and also the hinges which are attach are broken.

I was wondering that is it possible to detach the screen completely and get display on screen, would it work?

Or is there any way possible to bypass primary screen and get primary output as HDMI?

Just the motherboard, keyboard and trackpad?

With the TV plugged in push Win + p to select second screen only. (May need to use arrow keys then enter to select it)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b0a30cc019b55e332c53eae6bb8dd389.png

yip i made my old laptop head less for media player on the cheap and works as normal but iv pulled it apart and fully removed the screen

Yes. It will auto detect any available monitors.

Basically just the same as a dual monitor setup in a pc.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Yeah my mom's old PC was a laptop she had dropped and broken the screen. SO she just pulled off the screen and I helped her make a nice looking enclosure for it and attached it to a monitor and it worked fine.

Just a update guys, i tried to detach screen and tried to boot, but my laptop wont get boot screen on TV as far as primary display is detected.

Anything i can do about it?