New build old psu

So im gonna build a new pc in one of the coming months and is looking at what i Will be able to take from my current pc to the new one like my hard drive and ssd and was wondering if taking my psu over to my new system would be bad in any way? like would buying a new psu give me any performance increase over just keeping the one i have? :) you can see the psu i have on the Picture 

B9AB4815-9EA4-4B3B-A221-735F1A6D6983.jpeg

one it depends on the power needs of your new system. Also how old is this power supply. In the end, it comes down to power needs and reliability. A new one will just give you more reliability and power efficiency depending on what you choose. So it's up to you if those are important.

main system build --> i7-7700K (at 5.0 ghz), MSI Z270 SLI Motherboard, corsair vengeance lpx 8gb ddr4 2666mhz,  costume liquid cooling loop with 360 mm radiator on CPU, GTX 1080 gigabyte windforce OC, 1TB WD drive, 128 gb samsung nvme m.2, EVGA 850 watt semi modular power supply, CM storm stryker case (ya not ideal for costume loop), VIOTEK GN34C 34 inch curved monitor <----

Spoiler

We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world."

4 minutes ago, MadsAndersen2500 said:

like would buying a new psu give me any performance

long as it supplies enough power you will not see more fps by getting a bigger one.

main system build --> i7-7700K (at 5.0 ghz), MSI Z270 SLI Motherboard, corsair vengeance lpx 8gb ddr4 2666mhz,  costume liquid cooling loop with 360 mm radiator on CPU, GTX 1080 gigabyte windforce OC, 1TB WD drive, 128 gb samsung nvme m.2, EVGA 850 watt semi modular power supply, CM storm stryker case (ya not ideal for costume loop), VIOTEK GN34C 34 inch curved monitor <----

Spoiler

We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world."

As long as it supplies enough power to the new system you should be good... Use it till it pops, This has been my method since I started building years ago.

6 minutes ago, showerhandle said:

A new one will just give you more reliability and power efficiency depending on what you choose. So it's up to you if those are important.

4 minutes ago, showerhandle said:

long as it supplies enough power you will not see more fps by getting a bigger one.

Just now, Looting said:

As long as it supplies enough power to the new system you should be good... Use it till it pops, This has been my method since I started building years ago.

There's a whole lot more to PSUs than just the wattage, and whether or not the system powers on. PSUs with blown caps can still power a system, even though it's killing all the components while doing so. 

That thing is 10 years old. Definitely replace it. A PC that still works performs better than one that is dead. 

:)

47 minutes ago, Looting said:

As long as it supplies enough power to the new system you should be good... Use it till it pops.....

...And you're unlucky enough to have it take out half of your PC parts with it.

1 hour ago, MadsAndersen2500 said:

So im gonna build a new pc in one of the coming months and is looking at what i Will be able to take from my current pc to the new one like my hard drive and ssd and was wondering if taking my psu over to my new system would be bad in any way? like would buying a new psu give me any performance increase over just keeping the one i have? :) you can see the psu i have on the Picture 

B9AB4815-9EA4-4B3B-A221-735F1A6D6983.jpeg

Using an almost 10 Year old PSU with modern components is not a good idea and must not be done.

That one is the Silent Pro from around 2009...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

1 hour ago, showerhandle said:

No, but kill components, cause other unnecessary problems like reboots, lockups/freezes.

PSU ain't no wine, they don't get better with age! 

They get worse and even without a fault, can cause damage to components because they are not made for that kind of load modern components cause.

1 hour ago, Looting said:

PSU can seem to work but are far from good or even OK.

According to you, this PSU would have been OK a Week ago because it woked, right?

DSC_3108-small.jpg.57bbbf5432dca7200746aadc65eefd8f.jpgDSC_3105.thumb.JPG.aba904edd1109ee009f430decd27d483.JPG

Yeah, looks totally fine, doesn't it?!

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

20 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

PSU ain't no wine, they don't get better with age! 

They get worse and even without a fault, can cause damage to components because they are not made for that kind of load modern components cause.

that's why i asked how old and how reliable is it. look if i built a system with a EVGA g3 850 gold from 2017 then ya definitely move it over to a new system but if its a cooler master 6-year-old bronze. no you are right its best to replace. 

Spoiler