VM with Ryzen 2200g

I bought a Ryzen 3 2200g for some gaming but long story short went into my unraid want to create a vm has anyone tried or being successful at using the on chip graphics for the VM any guidence would be appriciate it 

Probably a bit soon for many to have tried it, Have you gone through the process for a normal graphics card? Does it should up as a PCIe device for passthrough?

I actually don't have an extra graphics card to use that's why I was seeing if this was an option especially with the prices the way they are on gpu's this days

8 minutes ago, samladin86 said:

I actually don't have an extra graphics card to use that's why I was seeing if this was an option especially with the prices the way they are on gpu's this days

Make sure to quote the people you respond to or they might not know you replied! :) 

16 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Probably a bit soon for many to have tried it, Have you gone through the process for a normal graphics card? Does it should up as a PCIe device for passthrough?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

16 minutes ago, samladin86 said:

I meant try it using the onboard graphics, just go through the normal process it should (hopefully) be the same process. As long as it's showing up as a PCIe device you should be able to pass it through. Although I thought unRAID required a GPU of it's own to function? Might be a way to work around that, seem to remember Linus mentioning something in one of his latest unRAID videos.

6 hours ago, leadeater said:

I meant try it using the onboard graphics, just go through the normal process it should (hopefully) be the same process. As long as it's showing up as a PCIe device you should be able to pass it through. Although I thought unRAID required a GPU of it's own to function? Might be a way to work around that, seem to remember Linus mentioning something in one of his latest unRAID videos.

Bang on. UnRAID needs its own GPU and you can pass through any other GPUs available in the system. It makes sense as all major hypervisors do this and you can't exactly pass through a device that's already in use.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

4 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Bang on. UnRAID needs its own GPU and you can pass through any other GPUs available in the system. It makes sense as all major hypervisors do this and you can't exactly pass through a device that's already in use.

I think Linus found a way to fudge it and pass all GPUs to VMs leaving none for unRAID but it wasn't something you could do out of the box. Wish I could remember what video it was in.

53 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I think Linus found a way to fudge it and pass all GPUs to VMs leaving none for unRAID but it wasn't something you could do out of the box. Wish I could remember what video it was in.

Pretty sure it was the 3 person VR video.

8 minutes ago, Agent32277 said:

Awesome thanks that was the one, 7 min mark. Some better steps would make it a lot easier, not sure if it's a good idea though.

6 hours ago, leadeater said:

Awesome thanks that was the one, 7 min mark. Some better steps would make it a lot easier, not sure if it's a good idea though.

6 hours ago, Agent32277 said:

Thanks for leading me to the right path