does a wifi router need an coaxial cable

so i want an extra router plugged in to my main router and a server i will be running plugged in to the secondary router, but i dont have an extra coaxial slot for it, one taken from cable and one from main router, so how would i go about doing this? using comcast

MF UH BEANS

you can run an ethernet out of the primary router and run that into the secondary router. Are you using the router as a switch?

Do you need the router? Your better off with a switch. And you don't use a coaxial cable to link a router to another router. You use a Ethernet cable.

The geek himself.

you only need an eth cable that goes from LAN to WAN

or a switch

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Okay first things first. You generally do not want a secondary router with a coax input. These are a modem, router, and wireless access point all combined. Unless you have need for a secondary modem it is a waste of money and if you're wanting to make a different network but it has no wan port it isn't what you're looking for.

If you want to use the wireless router to extend your wifi signal configure it as an access point. You will need to find the OE instructions as to how but generally it is found by logging into the web interface of the router, configuring it, then plugging a cable into the lan ports on both the access point and your parent router.

If you want to use the wireless router to separate your network you must configure the subnet different from your parent network. For example your home network router has an IP of 192.168.1.1 you'll need to configure something different like 192.168.2.1 for your second router. Then connect the wan port on the second router to a lan port on your primary router.

If you're just wanting to expand the RJ-45 ports on your network just buy an inexpensive gigabit switch.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler