Its Comcastic

Donut417

So..... Today Comcast gave us a xmas gift, they are raising prices in the new year. We are nearly paying $200 a month for all 3 services. We have 6Mbps Internet, Unlimited Long Distance phone service and Digital Cable but no HD, No movie channels. We have 3 boxes that have access to on demand and 2 that just decrypt channels. We are probably paying just over $30 bucks in equipment costs. My mom has had it with Comcast and their shenanigans. Unfortunately our city signed a 25 year exclusive rights agreement with Comcast, so they are the only cable company in town. I have been looking at both Dish Network and Direct TV. 

My first question is, if we buy a in door digital antenna, can we split the signal to multiple TV's or will we have to have a antenna on each TV? If we go this route Ill probably get me a TV tuner card for my gaming rig and at least be able to record NCIS and Revolution. 

My second question is there any other options I should consider? 

I live in Romulus, MI, USA 48174. 

Im going to try to convince my mom to go all cellular when my contract comes due with sprint. My mom perfers verizon and we can port our home phone number to a cell and go with a family plan.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

That's bullshit. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I like comcast okay we don't pay that much and get 25 Mbs . It's them or AT&T soooo yeah.. Yay comcast :(

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

sounds like your bundle special pricing is over, try to get a new bundle deal for those features you currently have and it will more than likely reduce the cost

With today's technology I often wonder why we don't have colonies on the moon or Mars. Then I go to Wal Mart for 5 minutes and realize the vast majority of the human populace isn't ready for such things.

We cant get a new bundle. No competition in Romulus. Comcast owns this city. They have told us no before, they know there is no other option. Any recommendations on TV tuner cards? For PCI express please. Preferably with a remote.  Im going to buy a digital Antenna tomorrow as we have some at my job for a decent price. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.