1050ti PCIe power draw -- will it be OK?

H4X3R

Hi,

I am planning to purchase a 1050ti that draws all its power from the pcie connector. My problem is that the pc i will be using it in is a prebuilt acer tc 710.

Will there be any problems when it comes to the power draw? (I believe its a pcie 2.0 x16 connector)

Thanks

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

We just recently had someone having trouble running that gpu on a lowly 200w psu. When they reduced the power draw maximum to 85% it stabilized. 

I'm guessing you might be reffering to the low profile 1050 in which case yeah you'd want a semi ok 350 ish watt unit. so it has wiggle room for it's probable cheapness.

Unless it comes with a 6PIN power connector on the card itself, it shouldn't be a problem.

AMD had some issue's with their cards drawing too much from the PCIe slot itself.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

3 minutes ago, H4X3R said:

Hi,

I am planning to purchase a 1050ti that draws all its power from the pcie connector. My problem is that the pc i will be using it in is a prebuilt acer tc 710.

Will there be any problems when it comes to the power draw? (I believe its a pcie 2.0 x16 connector)

Thanks

What 1050ti is that? Could you give us the product name? Nearly all GPUs have a special SHUNTs for the PCIe power draw. But it has a 75 Watt TDP what would be in line with what a PCIe slot can provide (as far as I know)

Quote=Reply      Feel free to tag me or sth if you have questions about Liquid Metal :) ROCKETS ARE LIFE                                                                      My current build:                                    

CPU: I7 6700k@4.7Ghz 1.31sth V; Liquid Metal (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut) | Cooler: Corsair H100iv2 | GPU: HIS R9 390 | Motherboard: Asus Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz HyperX FuryX | Storage: 1x 250GB Samsung 960 Evo 1x random 4TB 7200RPM HDD | Case: Lian Li Alpha  550W | PSU: Corsair RM650i | Misc.: 6x Lian Li 120mm Bora RGB Fans

My Build Log: 

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

We just recently had someone having trouble running that gpu on a lowly 200w psu. When they reduced the power draw maximum to 85% it stabilized. 

I'm guessing you might be reffering to the low profile 1050 in which case yeah you'd want a semi ok 350 ish watt unit. so it has wiggle room for it's probable cheapness.

Yeah im getting a used 650W thermaltake psu.

4 minutes ago, thelordofwarr said:

What 1050ti is that? Could you give us the product name? Nearly all GPUs have a special SHUNTs for the PCIe power draw. But it has a 75 Watt TDP what would be in line with what a PCIe slot can provide (as far as I know)

Gigabyte OC (not windforce).

Was just afraid the mobo would of too low quality, guess ill wait and see.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

9 minutes ago, H4X3R said:

Hi,

Thanks

Check how much power the power supply provides. Most prebuilt office pcs come with about 200-250w. 
200w may be fine with slightly reduced power limit as mentioned above. 

250w will be perfectly fine. Anything more and you'l have no issues at all.

4 minutes ago, H4X3R said:

Yeah im getting a used 650W thermaltake psu.

if you're replacing the power supply then why are you asking about power draw concerns?