Can't find the perfect monitor (+Questions about G-Sync)

Kranolf

Hey guys!

So I am kind of pissed of because I can't find the perfect monitor. I am looking for a 2k resolution, curved, 144hz or more, possibly 28+ inches and since I have a 1080 I would need gsync too.

So my question here is, is it even worth getting a GSYNC monitor, cause its commonly known they are more pricy than the FreeSync ones, and the other thing is that I just can't find a monitor that has these specs I mentioned above. Some people told me that I will not use Gsync anyways, and it's no biggie, if my monitor is 144hz im good. But I also read good things about it so I really don't know. Another great thing would be to keep the budget at around 700-800 maximum. 

Right now I have an AOC 24" full hd monitor, it has a little backlight bleeding but that's all. I just find it quite small and since I'm looking to upgrade my PC this summer (except the GPU) I am thinking about a new monitor as well.

FYI: I play all kind of games if that matters.

Can anyone help me here? Would really appreciate it!

12 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The only way you will not use GSYNC is if you're going to ensure you're hitting 144 FPS or higher at all times.

In any case, the only one that seems to match most of those requirements is the Acer Predator Z1

Thank you very much! Indeed that monitor kind of matches my criteria, at least one of them. The only problem I found with it, is the design :D But I guess I could just mount it to the wall instead.

However I still do not understand this Gsync stuff.

13 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The only way you will not use GSYNC is if you're going to ensure you're hitting 144 FPS or higher at all times.

In any case, the only one that seems to match most of those requirements is the Acer Predator Z1

Oh I realised it's only 2560 x 1080 instead of 2560x1440

On 3/7/2018 at 8:35 PM, M.Yurizaki said:

That's technically "2K", so when specifying a resolution be very specific.

Oh yea, you're right.

So is there any, with 144hz, 2560x1440, 30+ inch, and gsync?

6 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

As far as I know, no.

Thanks anyways!

2 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Funny thing, this popped up today: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asus-rog-strix-xg32v-curved-gaming-monitor,5466.html

Too bad it's not GSync though.

Huh, I'm actually going to be grabbing a trio of those monitors. At this point I've given up giving a crap about GSync and desperately wish Nvidia would follow the VESA group and implement FreeSync. No reason a GTX1080 can't power three of them right? Only using one for gaming. 

2 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Funny thing, this popped up today: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asus-rog-strix-xg32v-curved-gaming-monitor,5466.html

Too bad it's not GSync though.

https://www.amazon.com/LG-34UC89G-B-34-Inch-21-UltraWide/dp/B0728JH3RQ/ref=pd_sbs_147_8?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0728JH3RQ&pd_rd_r=QWWATTE7WJVNDFY3G7CJ&pd_rd_w=VH2vQ&pd_rd_wg=i7wzd&psc=1&refRID=QWWATTE7WJVNDFY3G7CJ

This one would be cool as well. But again, it's only x1080....Can't believe honestly that it's not possible to find a monitor I want. I guess I have to give up on Gsync as well...

54 minutes ago, Kranolf said:

This one would be cool as well. But again, it's only x1080....Can't believe honestly that it's not possible to find a monitor I want. I guess I have to give up on Gsync as well...

I've unfortunately gotten used to it. Manufacturers don't give a heck about what consumers actually want, and instead force whatever is cheapest, it happened to my 16:10 monitors, and its happening with other specs now.