None-Standard Motherboard Form Factor

Hello! I have a bit of a predicament. I have a pc made from server parts. Made from a Lenovo RD230 4011 Server. I took the entire unit out of its case because i wanted to use quieter fans and put a dedicated graphics card in it. But its in a cardboard box. Now ive measured the mounting holes... And im not sure if they conform to any standard. I dont have any PC cases around to test it... And i dont want to go spend money on something i might not be able to use. I just want to know if it will fit in a regular chassis or not. If someone could help that would be great. I cant post a photo of the motherboard at the moment. 

You could make a case, I'd link you to a Linus video he did on budget gaming with server parts where he used a piece of ply wood to mount his mobo. Would be a last choice for you I bet.

If you have a big enough case, you could do wood, then just mount it inside the large case.

You want the mobo thats inside the 1U server in an ATX case?

Heres an image of my configuration by the way. Just 1 CPU and 32GB of DDR3 RAM. Whats not in this photo is my Zotac Geforce GTX 1050 ti. 

IMG_20180306_190907_037.jpg

pictures of the board and case needed.  Its likely not going to fit a standard case though.

Ive modified some cases to accept Super-Micro 1u guts and they end up with flexible PCIe risers and custom drilled/mounted standoffs.

2 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

You could make a case, I'd link you to a Linus video he did on budget gaming with server parts where he used a piece of ply wood to mount his mobo. Would be a last choice for you I bet.

If you have a big enough case, you could do wood, then just mount it inside the large case.

See i planned on 3D printing one at my school. But now im having second thoughts... Because it would be such a hassle ya know? Its not as precise as regular manufacturing. 

4 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

That is a generally standard E-ATX board.  You will likely have to rig up a heatsink mounting method though.

The heat sync i have covered. I just wanna know if theres a standard case that exists i can put this in... Because its pretty damn good computer. 

Just look for a cheap E-ATX case.

Cheap enough you wont cry when you have to mod it a bit.

6 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Just look for a cheap E-ATX case.

Cheap enough you wont cry when you have to mod it a bit.

How much modding? I dont have any cutting tools.

Usually drilling if you need extra stand-offs.

Drill hole, get a properly sized standoff from hardware store, install it with a nut so you dont need to tap the hole you just made.

If you cant find standoffs, you can use long M10 (I think its M10 at least) bolts and nuts.  Bolt through back side of MB tray, nut to hold it in place, nut at level of other standoffs, install MB, secure MB with another nut.

11 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Usually drilling if you need extra stand-offs.

Drill hole, get a properly sized standoff from hardware store, install it with a nut so you dont need to tap the hole you just made.

If you cant find standoffs, you can use long M10 (I think its M10 at least) bolts and nuts.  Bolt through back side of MB tray, nut to hold it in place, nut at level of other standoffs, install MB, secure MB with another nut.

Now... Will PCIe slots and IO fit?

IMG_20180306_232043_776.jpg

Just now, Kutaren said:

Now... Will PCIe slots and IO fit?

IMG_20180306_232043_776.jpg

This is the 1u case it came in. 

For hole reference. The mounting holes are not standard. 

I/O and slots are universal in ATX formats.

The middle right holes you may need to make yourself in a standard case, but they could very well be there to start with.

Everything else is standard ATX/E-ATX, or VERY close to it.

2 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

I/O and slots are universal in ATX formats.

The middle right holes you may need to make yourself in a standard case, but they could very well be there to start with.

Everything else is standard ATX/E-ATX.

See i dont know what form factor it is. Its a 10.something by a 12 inches. So i dont know if i could spend a ton of money on a large pc case... Which is why i considered making one from scratch... I was hoping it could fit in a normal ATX by maybe ignoring some screw holes.