Monitor Helpline

CaptainPlut0

Hello Community.

I am a humble starter builder who is putting together a semi-budget desktop.

And I could use some help choosing the monitor I would like to use.

Something within 300-400.. the lower the better

I'm looking for something with little to no frame/border. 60htz with a response time anywhere between 1-16ms

At least 1920x1080 but higher is probably better? I feel like that depends on my build

speaking of witch I have a link to that here https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/tobincameron/saved/wGVwVn

(if you have any build recommendations those would be nice too)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

9 minutes ago, CaptainPlut0 said:

Hello Community.

I am a humble starter builder who is putting together a semi-budget desktop.

And I could use some help choosing the monitor I would like to use.

Something within 300-400.. the lower the better

I'm looking for something with little to no frame/border. 60htz with a response time anywhere between 1-16ms

At least 1920x1080 but higher is probably better? I feel like that depends on my build

speaking of witch I have a link to that here https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/tobincameron/saved/wGVwVn

(if you have any build recommendations those would be nice too)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Boom  http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-24-ultrasharp-monitor-u2417h/apd/210-ahgf/monitors-flat-screen-lcd-computer-displays

There is no such thing as a monitor, TV, laptop, or phone screen without a bezel or border. However, Dell's UltraSharp lineup and some ASUS, HP, and Samsung monitors have super thin bezels that create an almost seamless experience if you were to put two side by side at a later date. I've linked you to a 24" 1080p 60Hz sRGB color accurate Dell monitor that will outpace anything else in the same price range with the same specs.

If you did want something that has a higher refresh rate, resolution, or lower response time, that can certainly be achieved too, but be prepared to pay a little more possibly if you want to tick all of those boxes at once. I personally used to have 2x ASUS ProArt 24" 1080p displays but wanted a 1440p monitor as I have gotten used to the extra screen space when doing web design. However, I know I didn't want to drop $600 on a 27" or 28" 1440p monitor that was color accurate (sRGB) and over 60Hz, let alone a regular 1440p monitor for around $400, so I opted to cheap out and snag a regular ASUS 27" 1440p monitor off eBay for $212 CAD, including shipping + taxes. Do I notice a difference compared to the remaining ProArt display beside it? Yeah. Do I care enough that I wish I had spent another $300-$400? Nope, not one bit. :) 

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 hour ago, kirashi said:

Boom  http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-24-ultrasharp-monitor-u2417h/apd/210-ahgf/monitors-flat-screen-lcd-computer-displays

There is no such thing as a monitor, TV, laptop, or phone screen without a bezel or border. However, Dell's UltraSharp lineup and some ASUS, HP, and Samsung monitors have super thin bezels that create an almost seamless experience if you were to put two side by side at a later date. I've linked you to a 24" 1080p 60Hz sRGB color accurate Dell monitor that will outpace anything else in the same price range with the same specs.

If you did want something that has a higher refresh rate, resolution, or lower response time, that can certainly be achieved too, but be prepared to pay a little more possibly if you want to tick all of those boxes at once. I personally used to have 2x ASUS ProArt 24" 1080p displays but wanted a 1440p monitor as I have gotten used to the extra screen space when doing web design. However, I know I didn't want to drop $600 on a 27" or 28" 1440p monitor that was color accurate (sRGB) and over 60Hz, let alone a regular 1440p monitor for around $400, so I opted to cheap out and snag a regular ASUS 27" 1440p monitor off eBay for $212 CAD, including shipping + taxes. Do I notice a difference compared to the remaining ProArt display beside it? Yeah. Do I care enough that I wish I had spent another $300-$400? Nope, not one bit. :) 

Hmmn okay that looks really good, doing some research though 60hz seems to be the low for gaming, which is what i am ultimately going to be using this monitor for

are there any monitors like this that maybe have a higher refresh rate?