I can fix computers but I'm to dumb for a fridge...

staubgame
Go to solution Solved by Hackentosher,

that darker grey piece looks like some sort of retention collar, try pushing that in and removing the tube. 

So, waaaay off topic. I know. But maybe someone can help me as I fail.

My fridge lg gsl325pzyz fails to suck in any water and thus not producing ice cubes.

LGs support is terrible. The only thing I found was that there's air in the tube and I have to get it out. To do so I can either push the cycle button (which did not help) or unplugg the tube and flush out any water inside. So I went bellow my fridge, found the tube and the connector and promptly broke it.

So question one:
How do I un-do these coupling? (image)

As you can see I took it out and already ordered a new one, at least it's only plastic. But for future reference.

Pulling, turning and several rythmic push-pull variations did not work.

Next thing would be the ice maker  / water itself, since ofcourse it's not sucking in any water and there's no water coming out of the disconnected tubes either (which should happen according to LGs forum). I assume there's no water at all in there after the tank (it's a water tank inside the door).

When pushing the water button I hear the pump pumping but nothing happens. It simply runs dry.

Any ideas how to fix that? (once I replaced the part I broke)

Cheers

2018-03-06 21.51.27.jpg

that darker grey piece looks like some sort of retention collar, try pushing that in and removing the tube. 

ASU

That's a push fit connector, you need to push the dark grey part in and then just pull the pipe out while holding it down

37 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

35 minutes ago, Daysy said:

That's a push fit connector, you need to push the dark grey part in and then just pull the pipe out while holding it down

God effing damn it. Thank you. 

<.<

>.>

Man I kinda feel stupid. Not my day.