[Resolved] New Build Parts

[Thanks all! I will be updating once I beginning this build sometime this year!]

Hey guys, I've been watching almost non stop videos, and looking at comparison charts for the last few months, I want to build a new personal rig for normal use, and some recording/streaming/editing every once in a while. I have been looking into many different CPUs, GPUs, and RAM configurations, I have looked into many different price ranges for different components and quality ratings and I haven't been able to make up my mind, I've gone by my Father (who is pretty good with tech stuff) and he wants me to get some secondary opinions. I have multiple different build lists with a large variation of price range which I will have linked below. I will also be listing my minimum system specifications that I would like to have in the PC, WITH plenty of room to expand on a later date, if at all possible.

Price; anywhere up to around 2100 (the parts lists attached were me looking around at options)

Case Type; Mid size up

CPU; 3-5ghz, at least 8 cores, 16 threads (hopefully)

GPU; at least 8gbs with SLI capability

RAM; at least 16 gb, with plenty of room to expand

SSD, or Hard Drive

Plenty of expansion room

Overclocking would be amazing, but is not necessary 

My lists

My list with a similar case to the be quiet 900 pro, https://pcpartpicker.com/user/AwesomeRocks/saved/#view=yFt2RB

My list for one with a case like the be quiet 900 pro, https://pcpartpicker.com/user/AwesomeRocks/saved/#view=tFcLD3

My list that I planned to use with the fanless case (NSG-SO), https://pcpartpicker.com/user/AwesomeRocks/saved/#view=rC3Gf7

Recommendations are appreciated, as well are helpful tips. Thank you for your time! and I hope you all have a great day! :)

Hey mate, any recommended budget?

EDIT :  - Scrap that your lists are 4k dollars.

4 minutes ago, TurnerTech said:

Hey guys, I've been watching almost non stop videos, and looking at comparison charts for the last few months, I want to build a new personal rig for normal use, and some recording/streaming/editing every once in a while. I have been looking into many different CPUs, GPUs, and RAM configurations, I have looked into many different price ranges for different components and quality ratings and I haven't been able to make up my mind, I've gone by my Father (who is pretty good with tech stuff) and he wants me to get some secondary opinions. I have multiple different build lists with a large variation of price range which I will have linked below. I will also be listing my minimum system specifications that I would like to have in the PC, WITH plenty of room to expand on a later date, if at all possible.

Case Type; Mid size up

CPU; 3-5ghz, at least 8 cores, 16 threads (hopefully)

GPU; at least 10gbs

RAM; at least 16 gb, with plenty of room to expand

Overclocking would be amazing, but is not necessary 

My lists

My list with a similar case to the be quiet 900 pro, https://pcpartpicker.com/user/AwesomeRocks/saved/#view=yFt2RB

My list for one with a case like the be quiet 900 pro, https://pcpartpicker.com/user/AwesomeRocks/saved/#view=tFcLD3

My list that I planned to use with the fanless case (NSG-SO), https://pcpartpicker.com/user/AwesomeRocks/saved/#view=rC3Gf7

Recommendations are appreciated, as well are helpful tips. Thank you for your time! and I hope you all have a great day! :)

gpu "atleast" 10gbs. you know not many graphics cards have this much of ram, a 1080ti has 11gbs, everything  below that has like 8gb, or do you wanna get a quadro?

My Box of Fµn:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600

GPU - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4

MoBo - MSI B350 PC Mate

Case - Phanteks P400s Tempered Glass

PSU - BeQuiet 500W PurePower 10

Fans - BeQuiet PureWings 120mm x3; 140mm x2

Cooler - Corsair H100i v2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and THE POWER OF RGB

Just now, KianFitz said:

Hey mate, any recommended budget?

I don't really mind anything up to around 2100 or so, I've been needing an upgrade for a while.

-go 8700k instead, and maybe even consider getting a secondary streaming pc to go with it

-ram is wayyyyyy overkill

-no ssd?

-I would go one 1080 ti instead of 1070 sli

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 minute ago, PrashMotion said:

gpu "atleast" 10gbs. you know not many graphics cards have this much of ram, a 1080ti has 11gbs, everything  below that has like 8gb, or do you wanna get a quadro?

That would work, I could change the post to show "8gb with possibility of sli"

Just now, TurnerTech said:

I don't really mind anything up to around 2100 or so, I've been needing an upgrade for a while.

buying pc parts around this time isnt the best for your wallet if you take a look at ram and gpu prices

My Box of Fµn:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600

MoBo - MSI B350 PC Mate

and THE POWER OF RGB

1 minute ago, TurnerTech said:

Wait but these builds are like 4k...

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Just now, DocSwag said:

-go 8700k instead, and maybe even consider getting a secondary streaming pc to go with it

-ram is wayyyyyy overkill

-no ssd?

-I would go one 1080 ti instead of 1070 sli

Well, yes I need to put storage on there. 

That would work, I could change the post to show "8gb with possibility of sli"

ram doesnt add up in sli because both cards have to spread the work equally between them. with a 2k budget you can go for a gtx 1080 ti

My Box of Fµn:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600

MoBo - MSI B350 PC Mate

and THE POWER OF RGB

For some recording/Streaming/editing, threadripper is way overkill and will actually perform worse in gaming, which im assuming is your normal use. Also SLI is garbage, I have 1080 SLI and 9 times out of 10 its unusable and the other time it only kind of works. The lack of an SSD is unacceptable for this level of a system, NVME or SSD would be fine. 

Just now, COUPER MILLAR said:

For some recording/Streaming/editing, threadripper is way overkill and will actually perform worse in gaming, which im assuming is your normal use. Also SLI is garbage, I have 1080 SLI and 9 times out of 10 its unusable and the other time its only kind of works. The lack of an SSD is unacceptable for this level of a system, NVME or SSD would be fine. 

I can only agree, for normal gaming stuff and light editing, 16gb ram, hexa core cpu and gtx 1080(ti) is enaugh, for more intensive stuff, an 8 core cpu and maybe more ram could be useful. editing with 16gb is terrible. ssd = must have

My Box of Fµn:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600

MoBo - MSI B350 PC Mate

and THE POWER OF RGB

For some recording/Streaming/editing, threadripper is way overkill and will actually perform worse in gaming, which im assuming is your normal use. Also SLI is garbage, I have 1080 SLI and 9 times out of 10 its unusable and the other time its only kind of works. The lack of an SSD is unacceptable for this level of a system, NVME or SSD would be fine. 

I had just added the ssd to the list, I had just set out "options" that I had put together earlier based off of details I had gotten from people who do similar things

Possibly a Ryzen 7 1800x for recording/editing? Thoughts?

Just now, KianFitz said:

I wouldn't mind that at all, I just want to make sure it has the capability to have smooth rendering/editing.

1 minute ago, KianFitz said:

I dont think that the 1800x is worth it, would rather go for a 1700x

My Box of Fµn:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600

MoBo - MSI B350 PC Mate

and THE POWER OF RGB

1 minute ago, KianFitz said:

give me a sec im putting together a parts list. And a 1700 can be overclocked to 1800x specs and costs a bit less. Also ryxen+ is releasing in the next 4-6 weeks. 

I wouldn't mind that at all, I just want to make sure it has the capability to have smooth rendering/editing.

what kind of editing are we talking about? light 1080p or 4k stuff? if 1080p then 16gb might be enaugh, for anyhing else I would get more especially if you use programs like premiere or after effects

My Box of Fµn:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600

MoBo - MSI B350 PC Mate

and THE POWER OF RGB

give me a sec im putting together a parts list. And a 1700 can be overclocked to 1800x specs and costs a bit less. Also ryxen+ is releasing in the next 4-6 weeks. 

Ok, take all the time you need, thank you for your help.

2 minutes ago, PrashMotion said:

what kind of editing are we talking about? light 1080p or 4k stuff? if 1080p then 16gb might be enaugh, for anyhing else I would get more especially if you use programs like premiere or after effects

I'm currently editing 1080 stuff, and would like to be able to move up to 4k, and I am using Premiere. 

1 minute ago, TurnerTech said:

I'm currently editing 1080 stuff, and would like to be able to move up to 4k, and I am using Premiere. 

as you know, adobe programs love their ram, I struggle with 4k 16gb ram alot, get 32 to save yourself nerves^^

My Box of Fµn:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600

MoBo - MSI B350 PC Mate

and THE POWER OF RGB

4 minutes ago, PrashMotion said:

as you know, adobe programs love their ram, I struggle with 4k 16gb ram alot, get 32 to save yourself nerves^^

Ok, Thank you for the tip!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZVz4D2

If you sign up on EVGA.com you can get auto notified when the card comes into stock and get it for ~$800 us instead of the inflated price. Also the 900D is a HUGE case and with just one GPU and no custom cooling loop it would look empty. I put the Master case in as a place holder, but I would recommend going with a mid tower over a full ATX case with this parts list. I have the thermal take core x9 which is similar in volume to the 900d and it took a bit to get it looking full. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor  ($259.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright - Le Grand Macho RT 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: GeIL - SUPER LUCE RGB SYNC 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($173.88 @ Newegg) 
Storage: SanDisk - Ultra 3D 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($74.99 @ Best Buy) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($66.00 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($86.31 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($89.89 @ OutletPC) 
Other: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti DirectX 12 GV-N108TGAMING OC-11GD 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 x16 ATX Video Card, GIGABYTE GA-AX370-Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0) AM4 AMD X370 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard ($1045.50)
Total: $1946.54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-03-05 10:22 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W