How to change dimensions description

Heyo, 

Does anyone know how to change the description of an image when you open the file info in MS Photos? I need the Dimensions to read in Inches rather then Pixels. If anyone knows, you'll be helping me increase my workflow so much.

Thanks!

Capture.JPG

What you're asking for doesn't make sense because it's a digital image. When you print it out, if you want it at a certain physical size, you have to set the DPI/PPI settings appropriately. So if you wanted that image to fit on a 5x"7" photo, you have to set the DPI to 400-500.

Make pdf file or "print" it. What you are seeing could be scaled from normal size to poster. For computer it's how image is displayed, not actual physical dimensions.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hmm, I may have not explained it properly. At this stage of my workflow, I just need to check the size of the image (in inches) and this is the fastest way I could think of checking aside from placing it in Photoshop then check the size. DPI's aside, it's all good since we use a constant DPI setting and I don't need to print anything, just check of the correct size.

Here is some very basic vbscript. You can just drop a file on the script.

imageExtns = Array("bmp","gif","jpg","png")

Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") 
Set file = fso.GetFile(WScript.Arguments(0))
fileExt = fso.GetExtensionName(file.name)

For Each extn In imageExtns
	If fileExt = extn Then
		Set ifo = CreateObject("WIA.ImageFile")
		ifo.LoadFile file
		width = ifo.Width / ifo.HorizontalResolution 
		height = ifo.Height / ifo.VerticalResolution
		MsgBox( _
			"Width " & width & chr(34) & vbCrlf & _
			"Height " & height & chr(34) )
		WScript.Quit()
	End If
Next

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

9 hours ago, imshadowfox said:

Hmm, I may have not explained it properly. At this stage of my workflow, I just need to check the size of the image (in inches) and this is the fastest way I could think of checking aside from placing it in Photoshop then check the size. DPI's aside, it's all good since we use a constant DPI setting and I don't need to print anything, just check of the correct size.

I dont know if above does what you want. If you have DPI, you can calculate or have excel formula etc to calculate dimension based on DPI and resolution. Alternatively calculate aspect ratio and use that as is.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv