My pc keeps stuttering HELP!!!!

Go to solution Solved by Jasun,

I had a similar issue in which one of my games were stuttering; all I did was that I removed my RAM and GPU from their sockets and reseated them. No idea how it worked but reseating hardware seemed to fix it for me. 

it started when I turned on my pc once and got boot error 99 so I reset the CMOS and that fixed it and now it just keeps stuttering. I have tried deleting graphics card drivers still stutters, I have literally checked everywhere on the internet for this problem and can't find a single person that has the same situation as me. It doesn't matter if im running a game it stutters on the desktop as well every 3 seconds. Please help.

I had a similar issue in which one of my games were stuttering; all I did was that I removed my RAM and GPU from their sockets and reseated them. No idea how it worked but reseating hardware seemed to fix it for me. 

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

16 minutes ago, CONSOLECOMMAND said:
it started when I turned on my pc once and got boot error 99

what board? ASUS? MSI? Gigabyte? Cheese?

Details man, details.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

29 minutes ago, CONSOLECOMMAND said:
I have literally checked everywhere on the internet for this problem and can't find a single person that has the same situation as me. It doesn't matter if im running a game it stutters on the desktop as well every 3 seconds. Please help.

I'd do memtest/crystal disk info to check your HDD/RAM.

If all checks out, re-install windows.

my pc specs.
Motherboard: MSI 970 gaming motherboard

CPU: amd fx 8350 black edition
Graphics Card: GTX 660
RAM: 16GB DDR3 4x4

46 minutes ago, CONSOLECOMMAND said:
it started when I turned on my pc once and got boot error 99 so I reset the CMOS and that fixed it and now it just keeps stuttering. I have tried deleting graphics card drivers still stutters, I have literally checked everywhere on the internet for this problem and can't find a single person that has the same situation as me. It doesn't matter if im running a game it stutters on the desktop as well every 3 seconds. Please help.

Okay, so when you reset your cmos, that put everything in your bios back to factory defaults. Now, why would that cause stuttering? Hmm... Not sure, but either way, I'd go into that bios and check out your settings. Your ram for example will have it's XMP profile disabled now, but I doubt that's causing your issue.

Do what Biggerboot said first.

Reinstalling windows is your go to next step after a memtest and all of that.

Oh and when you use memtest86, use the thumb drive version and boot to it from a flash drive.

That's the only way you should ever do a memory test.

24 minutes ago, CONSOLECOMMAND said:

my pc specs.
Motherboard: MSI 970 gaming motherboard

CPU: amd fx 8350 black edition
Graphics Card: GTX 660
RAM: 16GB DDR3 4x4

Try to think real hard about if you had to setup any special settings in your bios while building your computer because that setting is now gone if so. 

1 hour ago, Jasun said:

thanks, gamer. you fixed my issue :)