Temps in P400s with Kraken X61 too high?

Hi everybody,

i switched cases a while back from a NZXT Phantom to a P400s tempered glass edition.

I since got a new cooling for my i5 4670K, namely the Kraken x61.

However I am not sure the temps are right..

My CPU is running at about 50 degrees Celsius at idle with liquid temperature at around the same.

At load it will easily hit 75. Also, my 1080 hits 85 degrees while gaming after a while. 

Are these temps normal? Do you think the CPU cooler causes my GPU to get hotter than normal?

My i5 is OCd to 4.2 GHZ. Together with that I am running a GTX 1080 Strix which is overclocked slightly.

The Kraken is in the front and acts as an intake, with an exhaust at the rear and top.

If this question is totally stupid you may tell me.

Hope someone knows the answer !

What are the fan speeds to get these temperatures? I have the same case with similar-ish specs, I can test the temps I get if you want.

26 minutes ago, Radixtrator said:

Do you think the CPU cooler causes my GPU to get hotter than normal?

Yes. I've got the same issue with my H100i V2 and P400.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

The fans run at a fixed 40% but go up to 60 to 70 when under load.

21 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Yes. I've got the same issue with my H100i V2 and P400.

Did you find a solution for that problem? Or do you think its just a problem with the case in general?

4 minutes ago, Radixtrator said:

Did you find a solution for that problem? Or do you think its just a problem with the case in general?

The case has very small front intakes so there's not much you can do. I mounted the fans under the front panel and the rad inside of the case but I'm not sure if it gives any benefit in regards to airflow.

I'm yet to try reversing the airflow in the case - to reverse rear and top fans (120 & 2x 140mm in my case) as intakes and the radiator fans as exhaust.

My CPU temps are fine, but the GPU runs hotter than it would in a case with better airflow, it's a pretty hot open-air GPU so that's part of the problem and because of that I'm not sure if reversing the airflow is a good idea, I might try though.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

On 2/25/2018 at 4:59 PM, Morgan MLGman said:

The case has very small front intakes so there's not much you can do. I mounted the fans under the front panel and the rad inside of the case but I'm not sure if it gives any benefit in regards to airflow.

I'm yet to try reversing the airflow in the case - to reverse rear and top fans (120 & 2x 140mm in my case) as intakes and the radiator fans as exhaust.

My CPU temps are fine, but the GPU runs hotter than it would in a case with better airflow, it's a pretty hot open-air GPU so that's part of the problem and because of that I'm not sure if reversing the airflow is a good idea, I might try though.

Thanks for the help. Too bad I guess, will maybe think about getting a different CPU cooler then..