Having troubles filling Font+Top rad loop

SnipeYa

So as mentioned in the title I'm having trouble test filling my new loop with front and top rads, even the big dual pump ive got just doesnt seem upto it?

IMG_20180223_180212.jpg

I do not know huge amounts about liquid cooling, although I see people gently tilt there systems as they add in the liquid but you've probably tried this sorry xD

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

4 minutes ago, SnipeYa said:

So as mentioned in the title I'm having trouble test filling my new loop with front and top rads, even the big dual pump ive got just doesnt seem upto it?

Using a jug like that won't help with filling the loop you must have the res physically be feeding water into the loop not sucking up like that. Also everything looks like it's filling in the photo what issue are you having? 

8 minutes ago, SnipeYa said:

dude, where's the reservoir? you need to fill the reservoir... not have a jug full of it.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

You have all this high end hardware, didn't buy a res, and didn't plan this out right? This is all kinds of fucked up. Stop doing what you're doing and buy a res before anything goes wrong. 

Rig Specs:

Ryzen 7 1700 3.9ghz @1.33125v Cinebench Scores Best:1750cb Average: 1735cb

Asrock X370 SLI/AC  SOLD

Evga GTX 560 Ti 1gb    Just got a EVGA GTX 780 HydroCopper

G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8gb 2400mhz oc’d to 2666mhz (bought when ram was still cheap :()  

Corsair RM850

Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Changing to a Inwin 301 soon

Custom CPU Loop (watercooling is boring to me right now so I want to go back to air cooling and do like one more WC Loop in a Inwin 301)

Intel 256gb SSD

Kingston 240gb SSD

HyperX 90gb SSD

Not So Shitbox v3 Specs:

I7 2600k oc'd to 4.7 @ 1.4ish (will do more when I get a better cooler) 

MSI P67-GD55  Sold to fund my gpu

Gigabyte Windforce HD 6950

Team Elite Plus 8gb DDR3 (1 stick) @ 1600mhz

Thermaltake Toughpower 750 watt

Cooler Master T4

Enthoo Luxe 

Kingston 120gb SSD

WD Black 1tb HDD

Laptop:

Asus GL552VW-DH71

i7 6700HQ

2x8gb DDR4 

1tb hard drive

GTX 960m

15in IPS 1080p display

Yikes. Motherboard is on during filling leak testing............As as others have said you need to fix your jug of water so it actually feeds the pump....

32 minutes ago, This kid builds pc said:

You have all this high end hardware, didn't buy a res, and didn't plan this out right? This is all kinds of fucked up. Stop doing what you're doing and buy a res before anything goes wrong. 

I have a Res...

36 minutes ago, SeanAngelo said:

dude, where's the reservoir? you need to fill the reservoir... not have a jug full of it.

39 minutes ago, W-L said:

Using a jug like that won't help with filling the loop you must have the res physically be feeding water into the loop not sucking up like that. Also everything looks like it's filling in the photo what issue are you having? 

12 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Yikes. Motherboard is on during filling leak testing............As as others have said you need to fix your jug of water so it actually feeds the pump....

The Res + Pump are tallet than I expected so now im trying to figure out where to mount it. 

I manually sucked all the water into the loop as the pump wasn't doing the job. Its already cleared 24 hours without leaking so I thought I'd try the pump again. (Thats when i took the photo)

IMG_20180224_093022.jpg

1 minute ago, SnipeYa said:

I have a Res...

The Res + Pump are tallet than I expected so now im trying to figure out where to mount it. 

I manually sucked all the water into the loop as the pump wasn't doing the job. Its already cleared 24 hours without leaking so I thought I'd try the pump again. (Thats when i took the photo)

Make sure you don't run the pump dry or it will damage the bearings, the pump cannot actually suck the water through as it must be primed beforehand and should always have a supply of water feeding it instead of trying to draw up water. 

Put your res higher than your pump. Your best place to put it is under the 5.25 inch drive bays

Rig Specs:

Asrock X370 SLI/AC  SOLD

G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8gb 2400mhz oc’d to 2666mhz (bought when ram was still cheap :()  

Corsair RM850

Custom CPU Loop (watercooling is boring to me right now so I want to go back to air cooling and do like one more WC Loop in a Inwin 301)

Intel 256gb SSD

Kingston 240gb SSD

HyperX 90gb SSD

Not So Shitbox v3 Specs:

Cooler Master T4

Enthoo Luxe 

Kingston 120gb SSD

WD Black 1tb HDD

Laptop:

Asus GL552VW-DH71

i7 6700HQ

2x8gb DDR4 

1tb hard drive

GTX 960m

15in IPS 1080p display

4 minutes ago, This kid builds pc said:

Put your res higher than your pump. Your best place to put it is under the 5.25 inch drive bays

Thats where it was going to go but its about 1cm too tall.

Breaking out the grinding tools and mounting it on the rear of the case as I need this thing running tomorrow so I can get back to work. Or I've got to rip it all out and run it on air again for a while.

2 minutes ago, SnipeYa said:

Already looking pretty janky hahahaa

IMG_20180224_112355.jpg

Honestly man if it works it works. Would totally do this if I ever watercooled with flexible tubing.

Rig Specs:

Asrock X370 SLI/AC  SOLD

Corsair RM850

Intel 256gb SSD

Kingston 240gb SSD

HyperX 90gb SSD

Not So Shitbox v3 Specs:

Cooler Master T4

Enthoo Luxe 

Kingston 120gb SSD

WD Black 1tb HDD

Laptop:

Asus GL552VW-DH71

i7 6700HQ

2x8gb DDR4 

1tb hard drive

GTX 960m

15in IPS 1080p display

Aslong as the fluid itself is higher then the pump, there won’t be an issue. So having the res full and level with the pump will have no issues. 

Pump needs to be on max speed. 

I tend to turn my system on and go to the fan settings and adjust it in windows. Some peope are afraid to use their pc for some reason, so don’t listen to them. Fresh fluid won’t conduct so it won’t matter what happens. Unplugging the pwn header can do the same thing.

Also having somewhere for the air to get out tends to help. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

All hooked up just need to modify the front foot to fit the pump mount then I'll measure out the deminaralised water and fluid concentrate.

IMG_20180224_123221.jpg

Normal for EK's fluid to do this in a brand new loop? 

IMG_20180225_211141.jpg

Seems more like the wrong components or a cleaning issue. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

2 hours ago, SnipeYa said:

Which EK fluid is this? and also what components does your loop have (in particular, brand and model of the radiator).

2 hours ago, SnipeYa said:

No it shouldn't froth like that did you clean out the old loop thoroughly? 

7 hours ago, For Science! said:

Which EK fluid is this? and also what components does your loop have (in particular, brand and model of the radiator).

7 hours ago, W-L said:

No it shouldn't froth like that did you clean out the old loop thoroughly? 

All components are brand new from EK, Rads are EK's 140 CE rads I believe. Both blocks are Nickel/Alcatel. Coolant is their clear whatever concentrate and deionised water from the supermarket.

2 minutes ago, SnipeYa said:

All components are brand new from EK, Rads are EK's 140 CE rads I believe. Both blocks are Nickel/Alcatel. Coolant is their clear whatever concentrate and deionised water from the supermarket.

Give it some time to see if it stops doing that, I suspect that something might be in the loop from previously. I assume you were using the same coolant as before? 

25 minutes ago, W-L said:

Give it some time to see if it stops doing that, I suspect that something might be in the loop from previously. I assume you were using the same coolant as before? 

Its a brand new loop? I didn't have any coolant in it previously? 

15 minutes ago, SnipeYa said:

Its a brand new loop? I didn't have any coolant in it previously? 

Did you flush the rads and clean the components of the loop before assembly? 

6 minutes ago, W-L said:

Did you flush the rads and clean the components of the loop before assembly? 

With deionised water good enough?

4 minutes ago, SnipeYa said:

With deionised water good enough?

Yes but just as a final rinse, it should be vigorously cleaned out and flushed a good half dozen times before you give it a couple of final rinses with distilled water to remove any minerals from the tap water. There might have been some flux or other residue still in the rad.

4 hours ago, W-L said:

Yes but just as a final rinse, it should be vigorously cleaned out and flushed a good half dozen times before you give it a couple of final rinses with distilled water to remove any minerals from the tap water. There might have been some flux or other residue still in the rad.

Well seems I didnt do a good enough pre clean then. :(