MSI Trident 3

I'm planning to buy a pc in 2018 which is the MSI trident 3. I really like this pc and I think that it is suitable for me because I wanna play video games on 1080p 60fps ultra settings preset as a maximum willingness for myself. So what do you think, is this pc quite old for 2018? Do you think there might be something much better than the MSI trident 3 in 2018 or in a couple of coming months? In-short, give me some pros and cons of buying this pc in this kind of time!

And remember, am looking for a small form factor that is quiet, powerful, and lives long.

MSI Trident 3

CPU: Intel Core  i7-7700 | Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB VRAM | RAM: 16GB DDR4 (2,400MHz) | Storage: 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD

How much is it? 7700 is a dead a platform (Z/H 270 chipset) so I wouldn't buy this imo, maybe save a little more

Are you opposed to a self build? 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

3 minutes ago, Jawad14 said:

-snip-

I'd wait to see if they release an 8700 variant personally.

EDIT: there is actually one available its just out of stock currently

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Trident-8RD-001US-Enthusiast-Desktop/dp/B079NCBBG5/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1519421035&sr=1-3&keywords=msi+trident+3

I looked into the Trident 3 Arctic for it's tiny 4.7L case w/ a 1070 but what stopped me is that upgrading is limited.  The systems uses a MSI proprietary  H110 board and even the upgraded 330 watt PSU (which you can buy off EBAY) is pretty meager even for a 1070.  The power supplies alone are $250 

At CES they announced they would be refreshing the Trident 3 Arctic with a 8th gen and available, but board is probably still proprietary 

Really when you get this small finding prebuilts that are crazy exspensive, loud, overly hot, and can be upgraded is very slim

The Digital Storm Project Spark looks promising but looks like it costs a pretty penny

Same with anything from Origin 

Zotact Mek1 looks cool even with a 7700

SFF Time N-ATX V2 - Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WIFI - AMD Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 - LG C2 OLED 42" 

1 hour ago, Coombzy said:

I'd wait to see if they release an 8700 variant personally.

EDIT: there is actually one available its just out of stock currently

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Trident-8RD-001US-Enthusiast-Desktop/dp/B079NCBBG5/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1519421035&sr=1-3&keywords=msi+trident+3

Thanks man, I really didn't know about that. If it weren't for you, I would've maybe bought the one with the 7th gen cpu.